Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

firebird front license plate filler removal

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 04:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default firebird front license plate filler removal

Today I had to register my car in the state of NY. Damn NY law requires me to have 2 plates, so now i have to remove the front bird filler. I was trying to remove it just before. Theres 2 torx bolts that hold it in place on the bottom, but considering the gap, i cant even get a screwdriver with a torx bit in there. How did you guys remove the filler? Could i just drill the bolts out?
Old 01-02-2008, 06:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go directly under the plate where the screws are and push the plate up. Do this carefully and possibly use a small microfiber towel or something to prevent scratching. When you apply direct pressure to the plate in an upward fashion, you should be able to fit whatever you need to under the plate to unfasten the screws. Good luck.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Comin' Thunder
Go directly under the plate where the screws are and push the plate up. Do this carefully and possibly use a small microfiber towel or something to prevent scratching. When you apply direct pressure to the plate in an upward fashion, you should be able to fit whatever you need to under the plate to unfasten the screws. Good luck.
yep, A scew driver can fit in there.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Bits don't work there, get a screw driver thats one piece with the torx at the end built in.....

Quick Reply: firebird front license plate filler removal