Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

pc + adams review

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 06:22 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pc + adams review

pc7424 with adams swirl/haze remover and revive polish mixed (1/3 remover 2/3 polish), then a coat of adams butter wax

also on the car is the rest of the adams products. really like there tire shine no sling and doesnt make the tires look overly black but makes them look like brand new. all of the products are very easy to use. there spray detail is excellent only downside is bee's like there products. I kept on having bee's land on my car and buzz around it. I have never seen a bee in az until today. the in and out detail spray also does a nice job on the black trim pieces. Just spray it on and wipe it. if you miss and hit the car or window its ok just wipe and it will go away. Also the spray detail does a good job on the windows.

oh yea and here is something for a good laugh
Old 01-02-2008, 06:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

looks amazing! i just finished up the last of my menzerna polish so i might try some adams this time around. and that white car wouldnt be all that bad without those terrible tips! car looks great man.
Old 01-02-2008, 06:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

The shine looks great. I might have to give adams products a try. I like the shine of the tires.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Looks great. I started my yearly routine last night on my car with my PC and polishes. Just finished up the compounding stage and need to do the polishing stage and wax.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:40 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks real clean.

I spent about 8 or 9 hours on new year's eve polishing and waxing my car. I used menzerna for the areas that had a lot of swirls and then i used Meguiar's #80 on areas that had less swirls. Then i coated it with nxt wax and the car looks great. I was very happy with the results and got rid of about 95% of the swirls. I'll do it again in the spring and try to make it perfect.

Pewter is a great color when its clean!
Old 01-02-2008, 08:41 PM
11 Second Club

i got a couple areas i might try some menzerna on(where my car cover blew off to and the wire scraped on
Old 01-03-2008, 01:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

menzerna has served my purposes well and will take out anything that ive encountered with a dark color (NBM)...it takes a good bit of it and a good amount of speed and pressure with the PC but definitely effective.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:20 AM
11 Second Club

how much pressure? Pressure where it doesnt full spin or enough pressure where it still full spins?
Old 01-03-2008, 08:38 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks very clean!!!!
good job......i heard clay bar is good to use if you are a good polisher and no your stuff about clear coat
Old 01-03-2008, 08:43 AM
TECH Addict

nice work!
Old 01-03-2008, 09:36 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Nice results indeed. Now that you have achieved the results, follow-up maintenance to this level will be easier to complete.

Use of the clay bar is a very important step in the process of getting excellent results. We recommend using it before any machine polishing so that you will not spin contaminants around on the surface and inflict new new scratches while buffing. Test the surface by putting your hand inside a plastic baggy and gently slide across the surface. It it feels rough or gritty, the clay bar is needed.

Using the buffer is a trial and evaluation process. Colored specific task foam pads and abrasive products are used to remove a blemishes and scratches from the surface. It is best to start with least aggressive combination and increase as necessary to get desired results.

How much pressure to use while buffing? You do not need more than 5-10 pounds of downward force while spinning on the surface. If you're not seeing results, you may need to use a more firm polishing and/or cutting pad , or move slower for scratch/swirl removal. (1"/second at speed 5)
Old 01-03-2008, 11:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yep im right about where steve said. with a lake country orange pad and menzerna intensive polish i'd say i am using about 7 or so pounds of pressure. The pad will barely rotate with this pressure, with random orbit polishers i think that the actual ocilation in the motion that does the work as opposed to revolutions like an orbital buffer would do (correct me if im wrong). i also move at a pretty slow rate. and to be honest, im just now getting the results that i am wanting after a year with a PC...i think i finally figured it out. after the intensive polish i jump to a green pad with the final polish II and use it with lighter pressure and more speed to get some good shine. X2 on the clay bar too. the first time i polished my car i clay barred it and got a good amout of contamination off. not only will you get better results but your polishing pads will stay cleaner and last longer. after a good polishing i usually throw them in a bucket full of warm water and meguiars gold class car wash suds and hand wash them. i actually started looking at the tropicare stuff.....i think im gunna get some of that next

but anyway....heres what 2 passes of Intensive Polish, 1 pass of FPII, 2 Coats of Meguiars NXT and 2 Coats of Meguiars #26 Carnauba Looks like. (Its a garage queen so I dont buy the really expensive wax sorry the picture has some glare..it was just so damn shiny!

Old 01-03-2008, 12:35 PM
11 Second Club

i clay bared my car not to long ago and have been using zaino every week so didnt clay bar it this time. did the bag test prior and it still felt good. I'm in the desert so not much stuff down here
Old 01-03-2008, 12:39 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by mattl31
yep im right about where steve said. with a lake country orange pad and menzerna intensive polish i'd say i am using about 7 or so pounds of pressure. The pad will barely rotate with this pressure, with random orbit polishers i think that the actual ocilation in the motion that does the work as opposed to revolutions like an orbital buffer would do (correct me if im wrong). i also move at a pretty slow rate. and to be honest, im just now getting the results that i am wanting after a year with a PC...i think i finally figured it out. after the intensive polish i jump to a green pad with the final polish II and use it with lighter pressure and more speed to get some good shine. X2 on the clay bar too. the first time i polished my car i clay barred it and got a good amout of contamination off. not only will you get better results but your polishing pads will stay cleaner and last longer. after a good polishing i usually throw them in a bucket full of warm water and meguiars gold class car wash suds and hand wash them. i actually started looking at the tropicare stuff.....i think im gunna get some of that next

but anyway....heres what 2 passes of Intensive Polish, 1 pass of FPII, 2 Coats of Meguiars NXT and 2 Coats of Meguiars #26 Carnauba Looks like. (Its a garage queen so I dont buy the really expensive wax sorry the picture has some glare..it was just so damn shiny!

Matt:

You bring up some notable points here:

We sell many Porter Cable kits and accessories to beginners and novices. It is important not to get frustrated or impatient with results. There is a short learning curve as one gets familiar with the capabilities of the machine. The best way to learn is to turn the machine on even if you're just applying a last step protection product with a blue or black foam pad.

Different product/pad combinations yield different results on different vehicle surfaces. Removing blemishes and scratches is a trial and evaluation process. Don't be afraid to experiment. You can not burn through the clear coat with this machine.

The Lake Country foam pads are also machine washable with hot water wash/cold water rinse. They can be air dried after removing from the washer. You can use them many times for effective results. It is important to clean them after each use and be careful when working around sharp edges and emblems to prevent tearing the foam.
Old 01-03-2008, 12:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Clean SS!
Old 01-03-2008, 01:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BayAreaSS
Then i coated it with nxt wax and the car looks great.
Be prepared to do it again in a couple washes. A virgin's first BJ lasts longer than that, but it does look good on silver. I'd try a better sealant than that next time around, though.

Ruckus - I would say the same for you. A wax looks great on darker/solid colors, but on lighter/metallic colors you might want to try a sealant instead of a wax to give some better pop to the metal flake where wax masks it a bit.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

you're completely right steve. i've learned the with common sense being applied, a Porter Cable is a very fool proof--yet effective way of maintaining your car. when i first bought it i bought a menzerna detailing starter kit that was pretty much the buffer, backing plate, 2 pads, Intensive Polish, Final Polish II, 2 Microfibers, 2 Hand applicators and 2 Water Bottles. great way to start and learn for anyone out there who wants to. now i want to start experimenting with your tropicare what should i go for? i would like to get something comperable to the capabilities of my menzerna.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

oh....and one note about the NXT. it looks great on about anything, but like said above, doesnt last long. using a good carnauba on top of it will maintain the NXT shine, with better protection of carnauba.
Old 01-03-2008, 02:08 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ArcticZ28
Be prepared to do it again in a couple washes. A virgin's first BJ lasts longer than that, but it does look good on silver. I'd try a better sealant than that next time around, though.

Ruckus - I would say the same for you. A wax looks great on darker/solid colors, but on lighter/metallic colors you might want to try a sealant instead of a wax to give some better pop to the metal flake where wax masks it a bit.
so some klase? Also what kind of pad would you use or no pad?
Old 01-03-2008, 02:52 PM
TECH Resident

wow looks amazing!

only thing i would add would be an slp bowtie or ss grille

Quick Reply: pc + adams review