Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Please HELP scratches got PICS!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 03:40 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by -98-Z28-Darkness-
Thanks I didnt think i was going to be able to fully fix the scraches just wanna make them less visible especially after a wax they get filled up with wax and turn as in the pic white.
so nice detail shop and have the porter cable for use on the next detail witch should be easier since it will be in better shape.
yeah i can run my nail and i will feel the scratch
So what products and with what buffer do you guys use. like polishe,wax,cutting compound?
Here's a an example of one of our buffer kits. Usually it comes with 2 Lake Country CCS orange and 1 blue CCS finishing foam pad. We can help you customize for your needs. For heavier scratches, a yellow cutting pad may be necessary to level selected surface areas to remove the deeper scratches or make them less noticeable. We like to use it with 3M Perfect-It II Rubbing Compound.

An orange pad with Swirl Cutter can be used after the yellow to restore the clarity to the clear coat after cutting with compound. A white foam pad/Swirl Cutter combination will also help to refine and smooth the surface before using a blue foam pad to apply the liquid wax such as our TC-2 Liquid Wax or TC-3 sealant.

As a beginner or novice, it's best to start with the least aggressive approach and increase only as necessary to get desired results.

Old 01-22-2008, 04:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by camarojunky74
give this lady a call 951 312 4262

her name is heather and she is a rep for adams polishes, i just went to their polishing seminar and holy ****, my car is amazing, i got scrathes out that i thought were done, bird **** all kinds of blemishes my car is smoother than a bran new ferrari
Cool thanks yeah i was wanting to go to that seminar but was busy getting smog check and registration.
ill give her a call thanks again.
Old 01-22-2008, 04:30 PM
11 Second Club

yeah just ask her when the next seminar is and she will let you come and use her porter cable and all of her products, just bring some money becasue you will want to buy at least one thing, its all great stuff, and no prob good luck with the car, you should have seen some of the black cars that came in, just like yours, when they left they were like sex on wheels im not joking the black cars had the best improvment
Old 01-22-2008, 04:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

LOL Ok yeah ill do that, yeah waxing is not enough for me
yeah well 10 year old paint Im thinking in a few years i will give it a good paint job plus get rid of a few chips and dings.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Steve@Tropi-Care
Here's a an example of one of our buffer kits. Usually it comes with 2 Lake Country CCS orange and 1 blue CCS finishing foam pad. We can help you customize for your needs. For heavier scratches, a yellow cutting pad may be necessary to level selected surface areas to remove the deeper scratches or make them less noticeable. We like to use it with 3M Perfect-It II Rubbing Compound.

An orange pad with Swirl Cutter can be used after the yellow to restore the clarity to the clear coat after cutting with compound. A white foam pad/Swirl Cutter combination will also help to refine and smooth the surface before using a blue foam pad to apply the liquid wax such as our TC-2 Liquid Wax or TC-3 sealant.

As a beginner or novice, it's best to start with the least aggressive approach and increase only as necessary to get desired results.

Hows about i get a discount and ill send some before and after pics to you guys
Old 01-23-2008, 07:07 PM
Launching!

k bro, well first you need to get a buffer and a medium pad with medium compound. After buffing use paint perfection glaze and a polishing pad. that should do it