Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Complete Blackout

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 10:35 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm pretty much blacked out, but I used the covers and have had no problems with them at all. Not people taking them, or them ruining my lights in the sun either. I didn't use the nightshades on my sides either just an automotive paint but wouldn't suggest it if you're worried about cops. You can see a little through them, but not much.

Old 02-01-2008, 10:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 02gtp4now
heres mine i actualy sanded mine down and mixed some black paint in with automotive clear and shot them, but i do body work so i have the means to do it, but if you know anyone that does body work i think its the best way to go.

also i could have went alot darker but i didnt want them blacked out

Thats how I did mine as well...I did the tail lights, side marker lights and corner lights.

Old 02-01-2008, 12:19 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02gtp4now
heres mine i actualy sanded mine down and mixed some black paint in with automotive clear and shot them, but i do body work so i have the means to do it, but if you know anyone that does body work i think its the best way to go.
This is also what I did with my old camaro, a friend of mine at a body shop mixed clear and black and we got these results. Before and after.

Old 02-08-2008, 04:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by mcalus
Dont get taillight covers. People could easily walk by your car and ****** them.

very true. i used to have mine velcro'ed but now i just put them on for carshows and when i'm parked for car club events. and some cop told me to take them off once and the passenger side cover broke
Old 02-08-2008, 04:43 PM
On The Tree

I had my buddy paint and clear mine at his work(bodyshop) I also did the side markers and the turn signals!! I love it!! I did buy replacement lenses for all except for the turn signals I'll get them before i go though insection.
Attached Thumbnails Complete Blackout-milburn-s-car-059.jpg  
Old 02-08-2008, 05:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Also Camaro's 97 and up with the newer style tail lights, they will melt with blackout covers. Mine did it 3 times before I realized the problem.

Quick Reply: Complete Blackout