Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Seat Belt Retractor-any way to make it retract better?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2020, 09:54 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 355 Likes on 324 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by My2ndbird
I also hated the seat belt sag, and amid this covid 19 bs. Im staying busy with mine.
Glad you are getting to car projects. I have a few to finish before spring and hope I'll be able to get to them with all the extra chores at the house these days.

I'll trade places with you. You can relax in my well appointed, bullet-proof garage (with lifts) and all you will need to worry about is being in close proximity to over 30,000 sneezing and caughing people within a quarter mile. (And then not being able to see a doctor until you are so sick the ambulance needs to come for a pickup.)

I hope the stuff you are dealing with helps you avoid what we have going on here. If so, you'll be able to get back to normal a lot faster than we will.
Old 03-31-2020, 10:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hah, it all started with my heater core going out. Then a hose & radiator, and water pump in the mix. Putting oe t top brackets and plastics back in the trunk, and now a fuel filter/hvac bs. The punches keep coming 😂😂

Originally Posted by wssix99
Glad you are getting to car projects. I have a few to finish before spring and hope I'll be able to get to them with all the extra chores at the house these days.

I'll trade places with you. You can relax in my well appointed, bullet-proof garage (with lifts) and all you will need to worry about is being in close proximity to over 30,000 sneezing and caughing people within a quarter mile. (And then not being able to see a doctor until you are so sick the ambulance needs to come for a pickup.)

I hope the stuff you are dealing with helps you avoid what we have going on here. If so, you'll be able to get back to normal a lot faster than we will.
Old 04-01-2020, 06:49 AM
Save the manuals!

LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by My2ndbird
Hah, it all started with my heater core going out. Then a hose & radiator, and water pump in the mix. Putting oe t top brackets and plastics back in the trunk, and now a fuel filter/hvac bs. The punches keep coming 😂😂
Don't forget about:
PCV valve service
Make sure the rubber flaps at the end of the center T-Top bar are not curled
The door panel crack repair fix
P/S Cooler delete/mod
Parking Brake lubrication and lever seal fix: https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...xperiment.html
Old 04-01-2020, 11:25 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 144 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

You can relax in my well appointed, bullet-proof garage (with lifts) and all you will need to worry about is being in close proximity to over 30,000 sneezing and caughing people within a quarter mile. (And then not being able to see a doctor until you are so sick the ambulance needs to come for a pickup.)
Can you move your garage into my backyard? Its been raining so much here that it limits what we can work on in the driveway. There are a pile of parts to install on my Firebird and Mustang and on my brother's WRX and Renegade. We've started with the WRX and Renegade. I've been trying more 3D modeling and printing. Not just car parts (HVAC *****) but also Lego parts (replace broken wheels) and Lightsaber parts.

I live one city away from Boston,MA (there are confirmed cases in my city as well) and everything non-essential is closed here. Restaurants are take-out or delivery only and some are just closed. Everyone non-essential is working from home, myself included (I normally work mostly from home anyway, but now clients have cancelled travel).

Last edited by VIP1; 04-01-2020 at 11:44 AM.
Old 04-01-2020, 12:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

I replaced my seat belt with another used one years ago which is better but not great.I didn't know it was a common problem and the pledge is a great idea. Having a convertible it is a pain to get to the retractor.
Old 04-04-2020, 02:31 PM
Save the manuals!

LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by VIP1
Can you move your garage into my backyard?
No problem. The moderator discount would, of course, make this service completely free. However; I'm not sure about the logistics because the garage is entirely solid, reinforced concrete. (Very heavy...)
Old 04-04-2020, 10:11 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

No problem. The moderator discount would, of course, make this service completely free. However; I'm not sure about the logistics because the garage is entirely solid, reinforced concrete. (Very heavy...)
I'll call Scotty, Geordi, and O'Brien. Between the three of them, I think we can find a way.
(Yes I'm a Star Trek nerd.)
Old 04-05-2020, 10:02 AM
Save the manuals!

LS1Tech 10 Year

I trade for transparent aluminum.
Old 04-05-2020, 10:35 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

I trade for transparent aluminum.
Technically that already exists, although not like in the movie. It is called Sapphire and a formulation of it is used on some watch faces and Apple wanted to use it on a phone at one point instead of Gorilla Glass (I don't know if they eventually did or not).

However, the concept of metal "glass" in general is being explored and we aren't too far away from it.

Quick Reply: Seat Belt Retractor-any way to make it retract better?