Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Where to mount Zune/IPod?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 04:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

somewhere on this site.. www.installer.com/ipod

it hooks up to the audio/video plugs on my stereo.. and charges with a 12v source,, pretty simple hook up.. only down side is you cannot control the songs with your stereo controls, you still have to use the ipod.. they do sell hookups for car/stereo specifics, mine is more universal.. i can hook it up to my house tv too..
Old 02-21-2008, 04:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SSmoken
whats wrong with mount that plugs into your cigarette lighter?? Thats what i have and it works great, no problems. ever.

sound quality isnt the best.. it is better to have a direct connection.. ive owned both, and ill never go back to a transmitter (except for the work truck lol)
Old 02-21-2008, 10:18 PM
Teching In

Well this was just a cheap little proj I was thinking about doing, but now I'm thinking I'll just leave it with a clean look and put it in the console, glove box or the retractable cup holder. Not in the center one like some1 posted a picture of, my forearm hits it while shifting which is irritating, the same thing that happens when I shift with long sleeves.. my ash tray lid opens. Sucks. The slot in front of the shifter is alright sometimes for smaller items, but If I take a quick pull off whatever's in there can fall out.... N.B.D though.... And BTW, yes, I was elaborating just a bit about the 110mph-music- shifting... come on. Yes I may be stupid.... mostly for saying that to ppl who I didn't know would take it literally... My bad though I could see how it could be percived that way.
Anyways, there were some nice suggestions, thanks yall.
-Adam

Last edited by apayner1; 02-21-2008 at 10:25 PM.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by apayner1
And BTW, yes I was elabarating just a bit with the 110mph music shift... come on. Yes a may have some stupidity.... mostly for saying that to ppl who are serious.
Hey ya never know, I've heard some crazy-stupid things online. Glad to know you weren't being serious. Keep it safe man.

Quick Reply: Where to mount Zune/IPod?