Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Custom CME w/ Corsa Clones and 3in Ypipe!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 12:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 98MNBZ28
did they ever correct the fitment prob some people were having,did urs give u any problems?
No probs whatsoever...i think i might just get it blended in with the bumper...should I fellas?
Old 02-22-2008, 02:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Huh, kinda looks like what i had planned lol figured i'd see what it looked like with the real corsa's

Old 02-22-2008, 03:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

thats a bad *** car
Old 02-22-2008, 05:46 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by litemup02
Huh, kinda looks like what i had planned lol figured i'd see what it looked like with the real corsa's

Yeah it looks familiar lol
Old 02-22-2008, 07:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

litemup02 I like your idea man. The Corsas look awesome like that snug up against the CME.

Get it done!

Oh and Assassin66 im jealous man I wish I had a shop close by that did mandrel bends and can make a custom Y and I pipe.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:25 PM
TECH Addict

Looks awesome. I had the idea of possibly trying it once I do my whole new exhaust setup this summer.
Old 02-23-2008, 02:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks....Yeah mine will be done this spring sometime, but the trans rebuild is first on the list
Old 02-23-2008, 12:51 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by CO99Z28Vert
Oh and Assassin66 im jealous man I wish I had a shop close by that did mandrel bends and can make a custom Y and I pipe.
yeah...the guy is pretty damn cool too...i'm pretty sure you can find one not too far from where you are...just ask around bro
Old 02-23-2008, 01:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Looks like they do good work, but did they weld the y-pipe to the headers??
Old 02-23-2008, 01:32 PM
On The Tree

Looks like they do good work, but did they weld the y-pipe to the headers??
Yeah...long story...here it goes:

I traded my old magnaflow catback on here for some true duals (from 95_Z28...*******!! he offered to send my system back and stopped responding)...so i get the true duals installed at this one shop by my place...i went home for a bit while they installed it.

Before I left I specifically told them not to weld the system to the headers...and you guessed it...when i came back they had welded them!!! ...anyway the true dual system had such a shitty clearance (I had 1 inch from the ground literally) no money to redo the system so i told the guy to cut them off...he did a shitty job of that too.

So I ran open headers for like four months while i saved up (catback and what the shop charged me) but the car pretty much just sat there, must have put no more than like 25 miles on it during that time.

The guy at the shop offered to put some flanges on the headers but i just didnt have enough to get it done...he said if i change my mind i can always bring it back but i plan on keeping this setup for quite a while (i will eventually just replace the headers with some QTPs or AR) and i'll ask him to put flanges on the ypipe.

But yeah...i kinda got screwed over from that jerkoff
Old 02-23-2008, 01:34 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by tspence45
Looks awesome. I had the idea of possibly trying it once I do my whole new exhaust setup this summer.
I say you do it!! i had some doubts in the beggining but I fkn love it now!!
Old 02-23-2008, 01:39 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Ls1CamaroGuy87
left side tips are crooked and it look incomplete because there is nothing imbetween the 2 sets of tips..... good idea though
Any suggestions to make that gap look better? My friend said i can put an LED bowtie or Z28 in the middle...but then again he drives an S2000
Nah but hez not a ricer...he knows a **** load about cars and he hates ricers lol...maybe he might be on to something? comments anybody?
Old 02-23-2008, 02:08 PM
Launching!

does anyone have a sound clip of the corsas or the generic corsas through the 3 inch y and center exhaust. ls1 sounds isnt working out too good. Im thinking about getting rid if my tsp true duals and getting the cme valance to go with something like this
Old 02-23-2008, 02:18 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JTelesone
does anyone have a sound clip of the corsas or the generic corsas through the 3 inch y and center exhaust. ls1 sounds isnt working out too good. Im thinking about getting rid if my tsp true duals and getting the cme valance to go with something like this
Mine is very quiet at idle because of the magnaflow but i can make a vid for you if you'd like
Old 02-23-2008, 02:27 PM
Launching!

that would be greatly appreciated if you did! i love my true duals at wot but low rpms are raspy. thanks alot assassin
Old 02-23-2008, 02:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

man that looks good now
Old 02-23-2008, 03:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Assassin66
Yeah...long story...here it goes:

I traded my old magnaflow catback on here for some true duals (from 95_Z28...*******!! he offered to send my system back and stopped responding)...so i get the true duals installed at this one shop by my place...i went home for a bit while they installed it.

Before I left I specifically told them not to weld the system to the headers...and you guessed it...when i came back they had welded them!!! ...anyway the true dual system had such a shitty clearance (I had 1 inch from the ground literally) no money to redo the system so i told the guy to cut them off...he did a shitty job of that too.

So I ran open headers for like four months while i saved up (catback and what the shop charged me) but the car pretty much just sat there, must have put no more than like 25 miles on it during that time.

The guy at the shop offered to put some flanges on the headers but i just didnt have enough to get it done...he said if i change my mind i can always bring it back but i plan on keeping this setup for quite a while (i will eventually just replace the headers with some QTPs or AR) and i'll ask him to put flanges on the ypipe.

But yeah...i kinda got screwed over from that jerkoff
That blows, its just plain ignorant that an exhaust shop would even do that! Everytime i have had a custom exhaust made, i am there beside him...being very picky and i too went the custom true dual route. I had the clearence issues also and i'm not even lowered yet. Said fu(k that and got a Corsa ex. off of a member. Then added a bullet muffler to help with the rasp. I am finally satisfied with my current setup... 4 exhaust's later
Old 02-23-2008, 03:36 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Assassin66
I say you do it!! i had some doubts in the beggining but I fkn love it now!!
I want to, but damn those rear valance pieces are expensive and very hard to get ahold of. I could try it without one, but that would probably look really weird.
Old 02-23-2008, 04:13 PM
On The Tree

That blows, its just plain ignorant that an exhaust shop would even do that! Everytime i have had a custom exhaust made, i am there beside him...being very picky and i too went the custom true dual route. I had the clearence issues also and i'm not even lowered yet. Said fu(k that and got a Corsa ex. off of a member. Then added a bullet muffler to help with the rasp. I am finally satisfied with my current setup... 4 exhaust's later
Yeah after that idiot at the first shop i said **** that and told them i wasn't gonna pay the whole amount since they welded them...i then called my friend and asked for the shop where he had his exhaust done...glad I did...this guy does some good work...couldn't be happier with the ypipe...now i just gotta fix that damn left tip ...he was really cool about it

I'm lowered on stranos and couldn't get onto some damn driveways...it was ridiculous...i can't be any happier with my exhaust ...for now lol
Old 02-23-2008, 04:13 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by tspence45
I want to, but damn those rear valance pieces are expensive and very hard to get ahold of. I could try it without one, but that would probably look really weird.
Hey if you need an valance i got an extra one just like mine...let me know if ur interested!!

Quick Reply: Custom CME w/ Corsa Clones and 3in Ypipe!!