Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Interior cleaning ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008 | 05:46 PM
TECH Resident

Default Interior cleaning ?'s

What does everybody use to clean their interiors...i have always used armor all on the plastic pieces and their leather seat gel on the leather...but something just feels really cheap about the stuff, i have always used armor all, and i think i am going to switch to something better, i hate how it makes the dash shine, maybe if it was a little duller, (but thats just me) also is there anything that cleans and protects leather seats better than the armor all gel?
Old 02-24-2008 | 08:04 PM
TECH Addict

armor all is alright. ive gone to meguiars for almost all of my products. do you want to actually clean the dash, or just shine it? to clean it, like if its dirty or stained, then id just use an armorall cleaning wipe. for protection, i use megs interior detail. i forgot exactly what its called, but look around a parts store and youll find it. just use ONE application for a deep, original shine. more then one and itll shine too much and glare off the windshield. for leather, again i use meguiars leather care wipes. goes on easy, shines nice, lasts long, keeps the leather moist and healthy.
Old 02-24-2008 | 08:16 PM
Launching!

I like 1Z Cockpit Premium. Once in a while I may use Meg's natural shine just to make the plastic look a little darker. Then I wipe it down with 1Z CP to take off some of the shine and to maintain from then on.
Old 02-25-2008 | 03:44 AM
TECH Addict

I used to use Armor All as well but got sick of the greasy feeling. Switched to Meg's and never looked back. Plus their leather cleaner smells like sex in a bottle
Old 02-25-2008 | 05:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

I use 303 Protectant.
Old 02-25-2008 | 03:31 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by waldershrek
I used to use Armor All as well but got sick of the greasy feeling. Switched to Meg's and never looked back. Plus their leather cleaner smells like sex in a bottle
Thats exactly why Im not using it any more...plus i accidently got some on my 35th anniversery dash plate and the chrome lettering is bubbling up now sex in a bottle....hmmm
Old 02-28-2008 | 12:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

For dashboard protectant the best I've personally ever used is STP. Armor All is decent but it doesn't seem to last very long and Black Magic plain out sucks. For the leather seats in my car the best I've used is Meguiars Gold Class foam and then the Meg's GC Leather Wipes.
Old 02-28-2008 | 12:22 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by foreverzero
sex in a bottle....hmmm
Was that in a Homer Simpson voice?
Old 02-28-2008 | 01:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

meguiars vinyl and rubber protectant is what i use. its in a ugly yellowish bottle and in their "mirror glaze" line i think. i get it from oreileys. and then meguiars quick interior detailer with a microfiber for touch ups here and there.
Old 02-28-2008 | 02:02 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

We've developed 3 products for use on leather,vinyl and fabric surfaces. With our detail backgrounds, we wanted something that was stronger and more efficient than off the shelf offerings. Some product fragrances are just by-products of the chemical make-up and will dissipate shortly after use.

Tropi-Care TC-10 Cleaner: This is a concentrated cleaner solution which can be diluted up to 50% with water for effective cleaning. Strong lemon fragrance in this composition. It is used to deep clean this range of surfaces without removing natural oils when used on the leather. It is also excellent for spot cleaning stains out of carpets. A nylon bristle brush makes a big difference when used on carpets.

Tropi-Care TC-11 Leather Conditioner: After cleaning, this product will restore the natural oils in leather that may be lost due to heat, sun, daily usage and age. It is primary purpose is to leave a protective coating which will prevent additional wear while preserving and moisturizing the surface. We recommend to do this step regularly on clean surfaces.. Fragrant leather scent.

Tropi-Care TC-14 Leather/Vinyl Dressing: This dressing with its lotion-like consistency can be applied after cleaning as topical surface treatment. It is easily spread on the surface with a foam polish applicator to a desired gloss.
It does not damage or discolor any light colored surfaces. Once applied, it leaves a healthy glow without the greasy feel. It is not for use on suede surfaces.
Old 02-28-2008 | 02:48 PM
Customizing Director

Originally Posted by Bird Man
I use 303 Protectant.
Yep that also what I use. Great product and does not leave a glossly appearance (gross!). Its between a matte and semi-gloss. Sonus makes a good cleaner as well that should leave a matte finish
Old 02-28-2008 | 03:11 PM
TECH Resident

Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner 4:1 with a Mr. Clean foam scrubber
Zaino Leather Conditioner
Meguiars Hyper Dressing 4:1 on plastic and dash. Note there is nothing "hyper" about this dressing. Rather is gives a new/fresh look.

Quick Reply: Interior cleaning ?'s