Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Katzkins Interior?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 12:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Flamin' bird
I would stay away from Katzkin. I'm going to be redoing my interior and have been talking with a good number of professional automotive upholsterers. The general consensus is that they dont fit right, are poorly made and are just off the shelf regular vinyl that wont hold up for a long time. Not sure why some here say they are good. There was one man I saw that has his own shop and has recently had a good number of people walk in with the Katzkin covers that they bought and were so disappointed with them. I dont know first hand but just passing this info along. I would get an upholstery shop to make you covers as you really be happy with it in the end and can have more customization also.
Well offcourse the owner of a upgolstery shop would say something like that. When he knows that someone can order a kit for under $1000 and install it himself, why would they bother going to a upholstery shop and paying top dollar for something very similar?
Old 03-13-2008, 05:07 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AltrdPrcptn
the problem with an upholstery shop is you are looking at 2000-2500 to do a full interior like he is looking for
My interior was MUCH less than that. I used vinyl, but even with leather it wouldn't have been near that much.

Originally Posted by Jimmy P
Well offcourse the owner of a upgolstery shop would say something like that. When he knows that someone can order a kit for under $1000 and install it himself, why would they bother going to a upholstery shop and paying top dollar for something very similar?
Many custom interior shops actually use Katzkins, and the ones that don't that I spoke with were very competitive with Katzkins prices.
Old 03-14-2008, 12:59 AM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nothing wrong with Katzins leathers. 2 years on mine and still looking new. Not someone elses hearsay. Also if freaks don't know how to take care of leather thats on them not the Katzkins company.
Old 03-14-2008, 07:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree!!! You are right as well ncSSu as most of the shops I called here in Houston use Katzkins, just SOL on my year. If any one of you saw my car you would probably laugh at me for wanting to replace the interior as it is georgious. The leather I have now is in very good condition, just the typical side bolster wear on the Drivers seat and very little on passenger. The main reason is I am looking at going with a more agressive look and love the grey/red combo. I plan on having this car for quite some time as it is pretty much a toy and only has 48K on the ODO. Anyone else wanna chime in on some suggestions, also another place that Katzkins recc'd was http://leatherseats.com/ does anyone have any experience with them or know anything about them?

Quick Reply: Katzkins Interior?