TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question need color scheme advice

i have a hugger orange z....
done the berger panel black....
ttops bar is black..
mirrors are black
front grill and interior is black....

just bought a new ss spoiler and hood.....all my buddies and co-workers are telling me to paint the hood and spoiler black with the scoop on the hood in hugger.....i am going to try and photo shop this for a better idea.....but try and picture this and let me know what your thoughts are....
i am not sure yet...i do know that a matte black will be a hell of a lot cheeper but wont look as classy as the car did when it was all hugger orange
Old 03-27-2008, 09:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd go orange for both the spoiler and hood with the scoop in black and having it on the back spoiler as a stripe. Add in something like a HP or 346 c.i. decal or an emblem on the sides of the scoop and you'd be set. Or maybe even 30th anniversary style stripes in black. For the black paint if not a gloss black I'd go with satin black. If the car was all black an orange scoop would be a great scheme IMO. But black parts on an orange car would look like they were taken off a black car and put on yours without being painted. That's all just my 2 cents, just do it however you'd like it best and all that matters is that you like the way it looks.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:33 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 1 Bad *** Formula
I'd go orange for both the spoiler and hood with the scoop in black and having it on the back spoiler as a stripe. Add in something like a HP or 346 c.i. decal or an emblem on the sides of the scoop and you'd be set. Or maybe even 30th anniversary style stripes in black. For the black paint if not a gloss black I'd go with satin black. If the car was all black an orange scoop would be a great scheme IMO. But black parts on an orange car would look like they were taken off a black car and put on yours without being painted. That's all just my 2 cents, just do it however you'd like it best and all that matters is that you like the way it looks.
i could not agree more
Old 03-27-2008, 09:42 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any more.....i agree with the part about looking like they came off a black car....i dont want it to look like an insurance job gone wrong.....
i would like satin black for the parts....kinda like the challengers and the charger srt8
Old 03-27-2008, 06:12 PM
Banned

i agree. plus a black spoiler on a orange car, kinda like going mach 1 style from a stang.

but like they said, it all come down to what u like, i personally agree with 1 Bad *** Formula