Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Freedom Design Spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 04:53 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Freedom Design Spoiler

I bought one of a member here, who said it was on his car when he bought it. Does anyone happen to know where I can get the mounting instructions from? Thanks.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:26 PM
TECH Regular

when i bought mine new, it did not come with any, just had to kinda eyeball it, use alot of blue masking tape, and a sharpie for mock up, along with a cardboard cutout in the shape of the bottom of the freedom spoiler to make it all work. I am not sure that they even have any instructions or a drill here template for them
Old 04-04-2008, 12:23 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by jasonk
when i bought mine new, it did not come with any, just had to kinda eyeball it, use alot of blue masking tape, and a sharpie for mock up, along with a cardboard cutout in the shape of the bottom of the freedom spoiler to make it all work. I am not sure that they even have any instructions or a drill here template for them
Oh, okay, Just gotta make sure I line it up good. Thanks for the reply!
Old 05-14-2008, 12:37 PM
Banned

this is from a post DEMONBIRD did a while back:

It's supposed to come with bolts... two on each end and two in the middle...

This thing is a MAJOR PITA to install!!! The "adhesive discs are usually used so you can mark where to drill the holes but they SUCK!!!

Here's what I say to do (assuming you have no hardware with it):

Take the spoiler into a hardware store and find 6 1/4" (I think maybe 1/2") machine threaded screws (I used flat head but phillips will work as well) that fit the threads on the bottom of the spoiler. Get some washers as well...

Put a piece of masking tape over each hole on the bottom. Leave the tape long and loose so that it will extend past the spoiler when you set it on the car...

Now, with SIX pieces of tape, all stuck to the bottom of the spoiler, covering the hole WITH A HOLE PUNCHED IN THE TAPE WHERE THE HOLE IT IS COVERING IS, set the spoiler on the car and line it up where you want it to be...

Then, TAPE DOWN THE TAPE (man I know this is confusing without pics), you should have six pieces of tape flapping out from under the spoiler SITCKY SIDE UP (because it should be stuck to the bottom of the new spoiler)... tape them all down firmly to the car and GENTLY pulll the spoiler away from them...

IF DONE PROPERLY, you are now left with SIX PIECES OF TAPE, all taped down, AND YOU WILL HAVE A TEMPLATE OF WHERE TO DRILL THE SIX HOLES (so long as you punched holes in the tape when you covered the holes on the spoiler with them)...

Drill your holes, then remove the STOCK spoiler...

The two center holes you can reach by removing the third brake light... two of the side holes (the ones closest to the front of the car) can be reached through and access hole in the bottom of the spoiler (on each side) the last two (on the sides, closest to the back of the car) you must run a LONG drill bit BACK THROUGH THE TOP AND OUT THE BOTTOM so you can have access to screw the new spoiler on. BE CAREFUL, they are close to the back of the stock spoiler, DON'T BREAK THE SPOILER'S WALL...

Screw the six screws in (don't forget the washers or they won't hold worth $hit against the fiberglass) and you're done
Old 05-14-2008, 01:15 PM
TECH Regular

^^^ wow, that seems like a whole lot of work, just make a cardboard template of the bottom of the FD spoiler and presto, mounting and drilling are a snap

Quick Reply: Freedom Design Spoiler