Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

I need of a bumper for a red 2000 WS6!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 12:59 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need of a bumper for a red 2000 WS6!

Some ******* backed into my car at autozone this morning! It would have never happened if I didn't have to go back due to the clay bar kit missing the actual clay bar! Anyways I was just wondering if I should use the oem bumper or is their an aftermarket bumper that is better and or cheaper? The bumper is spidered badly and the paint is flaking off. I got the mans insurince info and I told him that I would get an estimate. The problem is that I don't trust anyone with painting parts on my car because I have seen first hand what overspray can due to rims and the paint. Does anyone know of a good painter in St. Louis? Should I get the bumper myself and have it painted off the car? I don't want to go through the whole overspray thing again!!!!!!!
Old 04-05-2008, 01:39 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You won't really ever find a bumper that will fit better than OEM. If the bumper itself isn't cracked or torn you can get the paint / primer striped completely off and repainted. If you don't know of a good shop, take it to the dealer for an estimate.
Old 04-05-2008, 01:46 PM
TECH Resident

let me know if you need a bumper.

my buddy has a red one for sale that is ironically off of a 2000 ws6
Old 04-05-2008, 04:15 PM
Launching!

aslo, I wonder if my ins. co. has to know about this? Especially if his is going to take care of it. (don't even want them to think about raising my rates!)
Old 04-05-2008, 04:22 PM
TECH Resident

if it is dealt with via you talking directly to his insurance company then there should be no reason for them to even know what insurance company you use... also I would talk to the person themselves and see if they want to pay for it themselves and keep both insurance companies out of it.

Quick Reply: I need of a bumper for a red 2000 WS6!