Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Anyone have a creative idea for some appearance mod on a black WS6?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 05:08 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is a pic of the fog light/daytime running lights here.
Old 04-08-2008, 06:19 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by phantomzer0
I think the one big thing that a lot of people, especially on this message board forget, is that less is more. I personally think if you tint your tail lights you will be degrading the look of your car.

Just don't go crazy with blacking out stuff. Just because the car is black doesn't mean everything else needs to be black, like the lights. Clean and simple man, clean and simple.
+1
Old 04-08-2008, 09:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Blackbird stripes in the darkest gray / charcoal you can find, lightly tint the lights like you said, darker tint, and remove dangly crap from the rearview mirror.

I also would have to change the wheels. That said, those look pretty good.
Old 04-08-2008, 12:15 PM
Sawzall and Welder Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here's our stainless speed mesh grilles for the side and hood. They're $160 for a set of 6 and look great on a black car.

Here's another shot of the tinted poly coating on the tails. It's slick as glass unlike rattle can VHT, and comes in a variety of shades of darkness..

Old 04-08-2008, 12:22 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BlkBird2000
Heeeyyyy ooooooo you loooka likea meeeeaaaaa

I have fog light and daylight covers for my car. Looks really good. On an all black car (mine and yours) I don't like to see the daytime running lights when the car is off. I would also put the stock rear sidemarkers back on and spray some vht nightshades on them with some clear cause I hate aftermarket sidemarkers. I already have and I'd say you should paint your calipers black(kit at auto zone is 15-20 bucks). Buy some new rotors(170 at ws6store.com or ebay). Buy and swap out your antenna for one that goes up and down if you can do that. I disabled mine cause I think it's ugly when it's up. Plus I dont listen to the radio anyhow. Oh and are those 17s or 18s? I have 17s but yours look bigger. Maybe cause your car is lowered. Looks good btw
Yea see I like that look. I discussed it with Whistler really quick. I don't think I'm going to go AS dark, but that's definately along what I want. And the new corner lenses was in the works too. Eventually I'll rip out every visible light on the car, send it to Whistler and let him do them. The calipers will also be done soon too, along with the rotors(I spray the senters and top section so no rust is visible, the pads take of any excess paint when I drive it).

The wheels are staggard, usually I hate that look but it grew on me. I was going to go to chrome Z06 wheels in 17x9 and 17x11 but when I saw the car in person I liked it as is. The rears are 18x10 and yea they do rub.
Old 04-08-2008, 12:25 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Whistler
Here's our stainless speed mesh grilles for the side and hood. They're $160 for a set of 6 and look great on a black car.

Here's another shot of the tinted poly coating on the tails. It's slick as glass unlike rattle can VHT, and comes in a variety of shades of darkness..
Thanks man! Glad you chimed in here! You read my mind too, because I was actually going to ask you about those grill inserts because I've been looking for something to replace the stock crap. I'll probably take a set of those too. Now I just need to get funds. Anyone want to donate?
Old 04-08-2008, 12:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

i love black WS6's
Old 04-08-2008, 01:18 PM
TECH Regular

Black bird rear valance
Old 04-08-2008, 01:23 PM
TECH Regular

tint and thats it whered you get those style Z06 wheels with that bigger polished lip and no rivets like the "motorsports" style? they look nice
Old 04-08-2008, 02:06 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 69z-28
tint and thats it whered you get those style Z06 wheels with that bigger polished lip and no rivets like the "motorsports" style? they look nice
They were on the car when I got it. They're around, I think wheel replica's had them a while back.
Old 04-08-2008, 02:18 PM
11 Second Club

Less is more!!!

Old 04-08-2008, 02:42 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Mr. Luos
Less is more!!!
I agree to an extent but I'm just doing subtle things. Everyone acts like I'm going to completely change EVERYTHING about the car.

Your car is beautiful as hell!! I love the cleanliness and I like your setup all together but it's basically a bone stock looking T/A with TT2's. A good look, don't get me wrong, but there are many more like it. Please don't take offense to that because I'm not knocking it, it's incredible. It's just not quite my taste.

I'm not a fan of a lot of things that come on ANY stock car. I don't like the Trans Am badges, door moldings, bird on the center tail light section, etc. It's one of those cars that, if you don't know what it is by looking at it, then you don't know cars. It doesn't need AS many badges and emblems. I'm surprised in myself that I even want to keep the WS6 and ram-air badging on!

I just want to do subtle things to make the car stand out from the stock WS6's. I want people to notice that it's different but not quite be able to tell why. It'll stand out, but not like a sore thumb. I'm 100% sure I'm not going to go overboard with it and despite the nay-sayers it will look clean when it's done. No tasteless graphics/ground kits/badges/etc. I guess you could call the look I'm going for "altered-stock".

I'm even retro-modding the interior. Some trim pieces were painted grey and some had holes cut for switches and what-not. I'm going back to 100% stock except for a nice white shift ****, 1 a-pod gauge, white lit gauges(in place of red), pedals, and steering wheel audio control deletes(maybe an aftermarket wheel at some point).
Old 04-08-2008, 02:46 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by nighthawk355x
Everyone acts like I'm going to completely change EVERYTHING about the car.

I just want to do subtle things to make the car stand out from the stock WS6's.
I didn't read it as you wanted to change everything. Just my personal opinion that near stock is best with these cars. Just my 2 cents.

For the second line...that is what I think I did to my car. It has a couple very subtle appearance items done. CETA rear WS.6 badge, removed the body trim, tinted the front markers, side markers, and third brake light, white face gauges, headrests. And then just keep the paint in the best shape I could.
Old 04-08-2008, 03:45 PM
TECH Junkie

a light tint on the tails, tint the windows, and paint the top of the third brake light solid black so that it blends with the rest of the spoiler, maybe some stainless emblems and your set
Old 04-08-2008, 11:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 862 Likes on 658 Posts

Flat black flames-don't think that has been done yet
Old 04-09-2008, 12:11 AM
Launching!

no stainless steel yuck
Old 04-09-2008, 01:26 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by wannafbody
Flat black flames-don't think that has been done yet
This was another thought of mine. I had 2 ideas, both with stripes though.

Matte black stripes on top of the scoops that would follow to the trunk(not on the roof panel though).

or

Get a stock WS6 hood made of carbon fiber and have it painted to match the car except for 2 taped off stripes on the scoops and taped off "ram air" letters, then have it cleared. The hood will be black but the stripes and "ram air" lettering will be carbon fiber. Some may not like the sound of that but I saw it on an 04 cobra and it looked AMAZING!! You almost don't notice until you're up close and then you go "oh ****, cool!" I was never a big fan of carbon fiber until I saw that. It was very tastefully done.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm gonna vote tint
Old 04-09-2008, 01:41 AM
Launching!

well if you wanna spend some change you should get the slp trans am ram air hood. That thing makes a TA scary.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:57 AM
Staging Lane

Here is my TA. Nothing to good but to me its good looking at thats what counts.
Attached Thumbnails Anyone have a creative idea for some appearance mod on a black WS6?-s7300079.jpg   Anyone have a creative idea for some appearance mod on a black WS6?-s7300080.jpg   Anyone have a creative idea for some appearance mod on a black WS6?-s7300081.jpg   Anyone have a creative idea for some appearance mod on a black WS6?-s7300082.jpg  

Quick Reply: Anyone have a creative idea for some appearance mod on a black WS6?