Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Meguires Gold Class Liquid wax Questions???

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2003, 09:32 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Meguires Gold Class Liquid wax Questions???

I have the Meguires Gold Class Liquid Wax right now. I want to get the best results possible. I'm going to applying it by hand. I have a 2001 Black/Black WS6 Any tips or experiences with this wax? What did you use to apply it, and take it off? How much do you use at a time? Any help would be appreciated since I'm going to be doing it tomorow. Anyways any help or experience, or tips you could give me I would appreciate it. Thanks!
Old 07-29-2003, 09:37 PM
Launching!

Default Re: Meguires Gold Class Liquid wax Questions???

I have used the Meguires Gold Class many times. I like the ease of application and the ease of removal. I am just not crazy about the longevity. I used the foam pad that came with the wax to apply it, just moisten it a little. To remove it remember to use a bath size towel. Anyhting smaller than that will just smear the wax around. You don't have to use a lot of wax, it will spread far. Have fun.

Old 07-29-2003, 10:55 PM
TECH Regular

What kind of towel should I use to wipe the wax off? It recommends a 100% cotton terry cloth towel. I was looking for a couple and found some, they are like the ones you use for a shower TO Dry off right? I thought you would use a baby diaper or something, but I don't know? Anybody know what I should use, I just don't want to hurt the paint! Thanks a lot!

Also, can I use the wax on my wheels? They are the 01-02 Polished aluminum wheels. Thanks again!!!
Old 07-29-2003, 11:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

wax on wheels is fine -- but i'd get a metal polish like mothers or something. works a lot better on taking off dirt and grime .. sometimes there is dirt and grime there even if you can't see it -- and when you use a nice polish you'll be suprised at what shine you'll get out of the wheels.

as for applying/removing .. i use a cheap 6 inch orbital polisher i bought from walmart for $15... it came with two pads .. an application pad and a synthetic wool .. i apply the wax in a very thin layer [just enough to make the paint look hazy].. i let it dry.. remove it with terry cloth towel .. and then go over the car with the synthetic wool.

just make sure anything you put on your car is clean..

::austin::
Old 07-29-2003, 11:28 PM
Launching!

I have some Fieldcrest towels that I bought for my car. I would reccomend only 100% cotton towels that are made in the USA. I always way my wheels. They stay cleaner longer. Waxing your car will become addicting.
Old 07-30-2003, 12:06 AM
11 Second Club

I use microfiber towels, they rock! They just suck the wax right up and dont leave a film on the car. Most of all they dont leave swirl marks.
Old 07-30-2003, 12:59 AM
TECH Addict

A little wax does go a long way. I use an old, soft t-shirt without writing on it to remove the wax. Just be sure and keep the tag away from the paint. Don't wax it in direct sunlight either.

Ryan

Quick Reply: Meguires Gold Class Liquid wax Questions???