Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

First time Pics, Newish Car...

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 10:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default First time Pics, Newish Car...

hey guys, decided to take some pics of the car since we finally had a nice warm day since i bought my car.. i somewhat half assed washed it... 3rd brake light is also blacked out now.

i know its not perfect.. but its a 98 with over 100k on her..

this is first time attempting to do good pics.. PLEASE let me know what i can do to make them better..... (this was an 80 dollar wal mart camera!)

there some of when i first got the car and of my old 99 3.8l in there too.. ill get some of the engine bay also, from when i got it to now..

next week.... CETA mod, fog light and turn signal covers..

you guys think lower it or no??????? big question for me right now..

sorry for the long write up and so many pics.. im just so glad i finally got some.. and i can get a chance to ***** her around a bit.. this also is first time posting up pics..

please click links to make them bigger..... so you can really critisize.. haha
Old 04-10-2008, 10:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes lower it, you wont regret it.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by raptorws6
Yes lower it, you wont regret it.
thats what i though.. but everyone in town is saying its low enough.. i didnt think so....

also a few people said it would hurt my times at the track.. especially 60 foot..???

how are my pic taking capabilities?
Old 04-10-2008, 10:46 PM
Launching!

car looks good but what is that creepy sitting girl thing in the top right corner of this pic? looks like a creepy voodoo blair witch thing sitting there casting spells in the forest..

oh and is that your land in the 4th and 5th pic? nice looking area
Old 04-10-2008, 10:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

lmfao.. thats my little sister.. shes 8... kinda funny though..

no thats the land of the guy i bought my car from.. my land is where the black bird is.. and the lake pics and the pics in the parking lot are both about 5 minutes away from my house..
Old 04-10-2008, 11:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you lower it you open up all sorts of issues so if you just lower it then things will be be more stressed at the track. It is low enough stock but its the wheel gap that sucks at stock height. If you lower and don't change the shocks the ride will be rough. Lowering changes the angle of the lca and rear pinion angle so and adjustable panhard bar tubular/boxed lcas and relocation brackets would correct everything back and hook better than before. I lowered it with Konis and Eibach prokit and 1le bars and the car wheel hopped all over the place. I put on lcas and adjustable pan hard bar and the car launches better. I just now need my relocation brackets and sub frame connectors welded up to get the full effect. Hope that helps you with lowering options. Yes you can just lower it and pronounce suspension issues more or you could lower it intending to do all of the accompanying mods to have it working as a system. You should really look into the suspension section to read up on everything. I am just going through my experiences. Car looks good for the miles. Did you buy it with all of the mods listed in the sig.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by WS6Jim
If you lower it you open up all sorts of issues so if you just lower it then things will be be more stressed at the track. It is low enough stock but its the wheel gap that sucks at stock height. If you lower and don't change the shocks the ride will be rough. Lowering changes the angle of the lca and rear pinion angle so and adjustable panhard bar tubular/boxed lcas and relocation brackets would correct everything back and hook better than before. I lowered it with Konis and Eibach prokit and 1le bars and the car wheel hopped all over the place. I put on lcas and adjustable pan hard bar and the car launches better. I just now need my relocation brackets and sub frame connectors welded up to get the full effect. Hope that helps you with lowering options. Yes you can just lower it and pronounce suspension issues more or you could lower it intending to do all of the accompanying mods to have it working as a system. You should really look into the suspension section to read up on everything. I am just going through my experiences. Car looks good for the miles. Did you buy it with all of the mods listed in the sig.

thanks man for the help and comp.

no it didnt come that way... i did that damage myself..
Old 04-11-2008, 09:53 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by kevin's_00ss

car looks good but what is that creepy sitting girl thing in the top right corner of this pic? looks like a creepy voodoo blair witch thing sitting there casting spells in the forest..

oh and is that your land in the 4th and 5th pic? nice looking area
HAHAHAHAHAH
YOUR CAR LOOKS REAL NICE AND CLEAN MAN!!
Old 04-11-2008, 10:13 AM
TECH Resident

Mileage isn't really a problem hopefully it will go forever. Looks good. Yeah your little sister caught me off guard and scared me. LOL
Old 04-11-2008, 10:58 AM
TECH Addict

Yea time to lower Looking good on the cars!
Old 04-11-2008, 02:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

shes mad at you guys btw.. haha.. an 8 yr olds wrath.....

i no longer have the black firebird.. i traded it for a crotch rocket..

thanks for the compliments again.. im going to lower it in a week or two.. how much of a drop?? inch and a half??