Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Stripes (non-cowl) with Sunoco hood

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 10:17 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stripes (non-cowl) with Sunoco hood

Figured I'd get some thoughts since it seems everyone here has AWESOME looking cars. My car came with silver stripes on it, and I really like them, it's unique and it makes my car unlike others in the area. Unfortunately, they're pretty cheap vinyl and are fading/cracking/wearing through and just plain look crappy.

Anyway, to get to the point, I plan on getting a Sunoco hood (and SS spoiler) when the next group purchase comes around. I've haven't seen anyone with racing stripes on a car with the Sunoco though. Has anybody tried it (search only yields those small cowl stripes)? Would the 35th anniversary stripes look right and wrap around the cowl like they do the SS hood? I'd just really like to keep some sort of stripes on the car, and wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts or pictures. Thanks.

here's pics of my car at the dealership and at a show.
Attached Thumbnails Stripes (non-cowl) with Sunoco hood-ext.jpg   Stripes (non-cowl) with Sunoco hood-show.jpg  
Old 04-19-2008, 11:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ehhh, that would completely take away from the hood.

being different in your area? does everyone have the sonoco hood? if not, then there is your uniqueness right there man...
Old 04-19-2008, 03:13 PM
On The Tree

should i do anything to the spoiler then?

yeah, don't think anyone has the sunoco hood, but as you can see in my picture from the show, there's quite a few black camaros....
Old 04-19-2008, 03:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have been looking at the same set up. I'm hoping to get in on the next GP for a Sunoco and have been wondering what to do on the deck lid/spoiler. I like the single stripe down the middle on the deck lid, but that doesn't really match if you put the stripes on the sides of the cowl.
Old 04-19-2008, 10:28 PM
TECH Addict

Hey man look at these for your car

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearance-detailing/904495-prototype-new-stripes-input-pleeze.html
Look very sweet imo
Old 04-20-2008, 11:01 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 95GreenZ28
Hey man look at these for your car

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=904495
Look very sweet imo
that does look cool, but how would it look with the sunoco side stripes on the front?

Originally Posted by 99zee
I have been looking at the same set up. I'm hoping to get in on the next GP for a Sunoco and have been wondering what to do on the deck lid/spoiler. I like the single stripe down the middle on the deck lid, but that doesn't really match if you put the stripes on the sides of the cowl.
exactly my dilemma, if you have side stripes on the sunoco, then a center stripe on the deck lid doesn't make sense. i'm really curious of the 35th anniversary stripes would look right, i might need to photoshop it
Old 04-20-2008, 11:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by keiichiZ28
that does look cool, but how would it look with the sunoco side stripes on the front?

exactly my dilemma, if you have side stripes on the sunoco, then a center stripe on the deck lid doesn't make sense. i'm really curious of the 35th anniversary stripes would look right, i might need to photoshop it
It won't because they'll be too far apart down the cowl. Your best bet is side cowl stripes
Old 04-20-2008, 01:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

I was also thinking about the old style Z28 stripes. They would be closer together on the cowl. I'm looking at some of the diecast models that I have here, but the Sunoco cowl is taller than the old cowl hood. That might make the front stripes look funky. I'm will try to find some pictures to post. If nothing else the hood looks great without any stripes.
Old 04-20-2008, 01:49 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bet something could be made. Here is something pretty similar. They could be modified I bet.

Old 04-20-2008, 08:45 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 99zee
If nothing else the hood looks great without any stripes.
this is true, but i like to play with all my options.

here's an idea, do something similar to these pictures, and then you can also have the center stripe all the way back onto the deck lid

Quick Reply: Stripes (non-cowl) with Sunoco hood