Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MadIceV8
See attachment
Panels look nice.....but what really caught my eye are the suede seats. Nice
Old 05-11-2008, 03:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MadIceV8
Thanks for the compliments, however that is Steve's old SS's interior, not mine . But to answer a few questions I believe the carbon fiber interior was from a different manufacturer other then RK Sport. The seats are Full power heated / cooled Recaro seats.

This is the interior in my Z28.
I see that dash piece that looks to be painted pewter. What color is that?? and where did you get it??? I wanna redo my interior. I got the car and it was done with red, and well it doesnt follow my theme on the outside of pewter/black.
Old 05-11-2008, 05:54 PM
TECH Addict

getav8 what kinda seats you got and do you drag or road race your car?
Old 05-11-2008, 06:15 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Fast_94_Z
getav8 what kinda seats you got and do you drag or road race your car?

They are f1spec seats,

I have run it at the drag strip a number of times, but built it mostly to run on the street as a street car and to go to local car meets, just all around driving car. Technically if I threw some real tires on it it could be a decent 1/4 mile car, but then it would need a roll bar.
Old 05-11-2008, 06:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Getav8
They are f1spec seats,

I have run it at the drag strip a number of times, but built it mostly to run on the street as a street car and to go to local car meets, just all around driving car. Technically if I threw some real tires on it it could be a decent 1/4 mile car, but then it would need a roll bar.
i was looking at those seats. hows the quality on them? comfort and materials? why did you choose them over sparcos or other big name companys? i'm sorry to throw so many questions at you but i'm sure others would like to know as well.
Old 05-11-2008, 06:50 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by qwikz28
i was looking at those seats. hows the quality on them? comfort and materials? why did you choose them over sparcos or other big name companys? i'm sorry to throw so many questions at you but i'm sure others would like to know as well.

I would not put them in a daily driver, I would imagine it offers the same difficulty of getting in and out of as a car with a roll bar. They are very snug, you will not move around in them at all period. I have a 36" waist if your smaller than that it may be easier to get in and out.

I picked them because I wanted a light weight seat that was different than the aluminum seats that everyone else was running. At car shows trust me you are the only one with kevlar seats so there is always an attention grabbing factor.

The quality seems fine to me light weight was important to me is why I went nonadjustable, I also solid mounted them in the car (no slider).

The reason I didn't go with a big name company is simple, price, these were around 1300 for both with the mounts specific to the firebird, if I would have went with a Sparco kevlar or carbon fiber seat it would have been around that or more for one, if I remember right.
Old 05-11-2008, 07:03 PM
TECH Addict

I would not put them in a daily driver, I would imagine it offers the same difficulty of getting in and out of as a car with a roll bar. They are very snug, you will not move around in them at all period. I have a 36" waist if your smaller than that it may be easier to get in and out.

I picked them because I wanted a light weight seat that was different than the aluminum seats that everyone else was running. At car shows trust me you are the only one with kevlar seats so there is always an attention grabbing factor.

The quality seems fine to me light weight was important to me is why I went nonadjustable, I also solid mounted them in the car (no slider).

The reason I didn't go with a big name company is simple, price, these were around 1300 for both with the mounts specific to the firebird, if I would have went with a Sparco kevlar or carbon fiber seat it would have been around that or more for one, if I remember right.
why would you not recommend them for a daily? not comfortable? i'm the same size waste as you and i'd probably be getting the reclining ones anyway. i'm sorry if i'm being annoying. i can't decide on a darn seat though and i'd love to find a lower priced alternative to sparcos

ps- thanks for the response
Old 05-11-2008, 07:21 PM
TECH Regular

why would you not recommend them for a daily? not comfortable? i'm the same size waste as you and i'd probably be getting the reclining ones anyway. i'm sorry if i'm being annoying. i can't decide on a darn seat though and i'd love to find a lower priced alternative to sparcos

ps- thanks for the response
No problem at all, with the questions.

They are definantly snug for a 36" waist. I do not know if their other seats are bigger or not but that may be a question to ask.

The sides of the seat are tall making getting in and out somewhat awkward, same as I've seen guys look getting out of a car with a side bar on their roll cage. This coupled with our long freaking doors can cause a hassel. I usually don't park next to anyone so when I am out in a parking lot it isn't a problem (with the doors) but in the garage it is hard.

Getting in you kind of sit on the side of the seat and slide down into it, this is not that hard, getting out you have to be able to lift your butt up and over the tall sides of the seat, all while sliding out. A lot of times I usually lean into the car put my hand on the arm rest and lift my butt up while using the arm rest for support, kind of backing out of the seat. I imagine it may be funny to watch. But I am 40 and chunky so I do what I have to to get by.

I personally like the snug feeling of the seats, it gives you that locked in feeling like your in a cockpit. If you do not like the locked in feeling I would imagine you would find the restraint of the seat annoying.

For me, it isn't a daily driver so it adds to the special feeling of driving something that wasn't made to be ordinary and convienient. It was purpose built. Keep in mind my car has no power steering, no radio, no airconditioner, no airbags etc etc. Purpose built to go fast.
Old 05-11-2008, 07:22 PM
TECH Addict

i agree im looking into some sparco seats or some corbeau fx1 would you be able to say a comparison?
Old 05-11-2008, 07:32 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Schantin
Panels look nice.....but what really caught my eye are the suede seats. Nice
those recaros arent suede..its a special pattern they have. it looks suede, but its not
Old 05-11-2008, 08:54 PM
TECH Addict

No problem at all, with the questions.

They are definantly snug for a 36" waist. I do not know if their other seats are bigger or not but that may be a question to ask.

The sides of the seat are tall making getting in and out somewhat awkward, same as I've seen guys look getting out of a car with a side bar on their roll cage. This coupled with our long freaking doors can cause a hassel. I usually don't park next to anyone so when I am out in a parking lot it isn't a problem (with the doors) but in the garage it is hard.

Getting in you kind of sit on the side of the seat and slide down into it, this is not that hard, getting out you have to be able to lift your butt up and over the tall sides of the seat, all while sliding out. A lot of times I usually lean into the car put my hand on the arm rest and lift my butt up while using the arm rest for support, kind of backing out of the seat. I imagine it may be funny to watch. But I am 40 and chunky so I do what I have to to get by.

I personally like the snug feeling of the seats, it gives you that locked in feeling like your in a cockpit. If you do not like the locked in feeling I would imagine you would find the restraint of the seat annoying.

For me, it isn't a daily driver so it adds to the special feeling of driving something that wasn't made to be ordinary and convienient. It was purpose built. Keep in mind my car has no power steering, no radio, no airconditioner, no airbags etc etc. Purpose built to go fast.
wow good response! thanks i'm only early 20s but i feel you'd agree that those seats may be too intense for me. my car sees daily driver duty for most of the summer but gets parked during the winter. besides, my car is a street car so it may not be necessary for me. thanks again man. your car is beautiful by the way i always had a thing for the color white, unfortunately i had to settle for silver
Old 05-11-2008, 09:10 PM
TECH Regular

wow good response! thanks i'm only early 20s but i feel you'd agree that those seats may be too intense for me. my car sees daily driver duty for most of the summer but gets parked during the winter. besides, my car is a street car so it may not be necessary for me. thanks again man. your car is beautiful by the way i always had a thing for the color white, unfortunately i had to settle for silver

Thanks for the compliment, I love driving the car, but realize a lot of the things I did may not make it right for a lot of people, however at meets they are also the things that people like most about the car.
Old 05-11-2008, 09:54 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks for the compliment, I love driving the car, but realize a lot of the things I did may not make it right for a lot of people, however at meets they are also the things that people like most about the car.
its always cool to see a nasty car like that that means business... but i would hate to do as much driving as i do without a power steering, radio, or heat!

i'm way too practical for a college student.
Old 05-26-2008, 12:13 AM
TECH Resident

getav8: Where did you get the carbon fiber pedals?
Old 08-01-2008, 06:29 AM
EW1
Launching!

Originally Posted by BrianB
I've got an overlay kit on mine. They had all kinds of colors and this blue matched the car perfectly. I only wish I wouldn't have put the overlays on the radio and HVAC controls. Looks too busy in that area.

Where did you get that kit from, I'm feeling it.
Old 08-01-2008, 01:41 PM
Staging Lane

[QUOTE=Getav8;9325218]Kind of blurry but this is a kevlar seat, carbon fiber pedals, carbon shift **** and carbon a/c radio delete panel.

QUOTE]

Getav8, whats the Grant wheel you have? and what wheel adaptor?

does it bring the wheel a lot closer to you? I had a Sparco D ring SW and
Snap-Off wheel hub in my Elise back in the UK and it made heel and toeing and just general driving so much better

do you get hassled by cops for not having a airbag/stock steering wheel?

sorry bit off topic

Quick Reply: carbon fiber interior