Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

window tint bullsh**

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008 | 12:45 AM
On The Tree

Default window tint bullsh**

ok so i'm driving home at night and my radar detector starts going off telling me that there is a cop nearby. well i slow er down to about five under i'm not exactly sure b/c i just changed gears and the speedos off. so i pass him and he flips a bitch and starts coming up on me he pulls up beside me and then pulls back. i turn off down my road and then he flips on the ever familiar lights.

i pull over, have everything ready for him, and then he decides that my windows looked too dark and he measures them at 28% legal where i live is 35% so he rights me up a ticket wtf. i've never heard of 28% tint ever. is there any way to fight this kinda harassment? how accurate are those meters any way? it was at night and i'm sure that makes the transmittance go down anyhting i can do to get out of it BESIDES taking my tint off i've had the car for two years with it and never had an issue WTF
Old 05-08-2008 | 01:08 AM
TECH Addict

Pay your ticket and quit whining. You take the risk every time when you drive with tinted windows and the fact you don't even know what percentage your tint is makes me think even more it's illegal. If you don't want to take the risk of getting stopped then take the tint off. Otherwise deal with it.
Old 05-08-2008 | 01:34 AM
TECH Addict

Shoulda seen how quick they wrote my brother a ticket when their meter said 3% LOL
Old 05-08-2008 | 01:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

be glad u can have any tint on the front window, illinois, u cant have ANYTHING on the front, quit whining
Old 05-08-2008 | 01:53 AM
11 Second Club

From: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work

Originally Posted by waldershrek
Pay your ticket and quit whining. You take the risk every time when you drive with tinted windows and the fact you don't even know what percentage your tint is makes me think even more it's illegal. If you don't want to take the risk of getting stopped then take the tint off. Otherwise deal with it.
Old 05-08-2008 | 01:55 AM
On The Tree

Depending on where you got pulled over, there is a way to win. Fix it tickets can be solved by a signature on the back of the ticket. You show "any member of law enforcement" that you fixed the problem, and they give you a signature on the back with their badge number and department #. You bring the ticket to court, and the judge will drop it. If you have a friend who is a cop, or maybe a family member, you can have them sign it. There is no way to prove that they were lying because anybody can take the tint off, get a legitimate signature, and go straght back to the tint shop.

This isn't a reccommendation, just a possible solution.
Old 05-08-2008 | 02:00 AM
TECH Addict

damn, buncha ******** in here tonight

if its just a fix it ticket, you could always search out a friendly cop who will sign it off for you, or do more research on how accurate those readers are at night...unless someone on here knows. and ya, if anything just pay it and go. and next time roll your windows down!

and if it comes to removing for whatever reason, get an iron warm (not super hot, but some heat), and put it against the outside of the glass (where theres no tint), and it will just peel right off. be carfeul you dont burn your self on the HOT glass though, it'll get ya if you dont watch out
Old 05-08-2008 | 02:03 AM
TECH Addict

or if you can get a tint shop who can write a "work order receipt" saying the tint was removed and go to court, they'll ask why you didnt get it signed off...tell em the car is down for whatever reason. they say ok, pay the 20 or whatever and be on your way not removing any tint

i've heard of this working before
Old 05-08-2008 | 02:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

I had the same **** happen to me a few months ago. What is suppose to be 35% tint I had, metered 24%. Sure it down right pissed me off, cause during the day its was still easy to see through, but its only at night that its looks kinda dark. But anyways I took the car to a shop that does tint jobs to have reciepe to show as proof I had the tint removed, and go to the court before my court date. Didn't have to pay 1 cent for it at all. Only trouble now is I wanna put some tint back on the windows.
Old 05-08-2008 | 02:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

I agree with this guy. I have illegal tint on my car and know it's against the law. If I got caught I would suck it up, deal with it and not bitch about it.
Old 05-08-2008 | 02:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

every time I get pulled over I roll the windows down, Its worked thus far, I dont care if its freakin snowing outside I still roll em down. and I have 5% limo on 2 of my vehicles. Not going to say it will work every time but It does make it not look quite as obvious lol well unless its snowing outside lol but anyways.
Old 05-08-2008 | 03:42 AM
11 Second Club

From: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work

Originally Posted by SIK02SS
be carfeul you dont burn your self on the HOT glass though, it'll get ya if you dont watch out

I take it you are speaking from experience
Old 05-08-2008 | 04:33 AM
11 Second Club

Just so ya'll know. When you get 35% tint to be legal and then come to find out with the meter it isn't. This is why: Your car (though it may not look it) is already factory tinted to like 77%(approximately) it's either 75% or 77% and I'm not talking about factory smoked glass. This is clear looking, but it's actually like 77% tinted already. That's why when you put 35% tint on it meters lower than what the tint is. I believe 50% tint actually puts you close to 43% + - 1. Hope this clears that up for ya'll. My advice is to just pay the ticket. It's a non moving violation and won't jack your insurance up.
Old 05-08-2008 | 07:38 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by blue98Z
Just so ya'll know. When you get 35% tint to be legal and then come to find out with the meter it isn't. This is why: Your car (though it may not look it) is already factory tinted to like 77%(approximately) it's either 75% or 77% and I'm not talking about factory smoked glass. This is clear looking, but it's actually like 77% tinted already. That's why when you put 35% tint on it meters lower than what the tint is. I believe 50% tint actually puts you close to 43% + - 1. Hope this clears that up for ya'll. My advice is to just pay the ticket. It's a non moving violation and won't jack your insurance up.
Yep, I had 15% put on mine and when the HP measured it for me it was at 9% All the cars that I have had tinted with 15% tint have measured around 10% or less. Check with the HP and see if the issue permits of that. Here is MO you can have 35% anything darker needs a permit. I have a permit and just love it when I get stopped by a smart *** cop who thinks he is gonna right me a ticket and can't do to the permit.
Old 05-08-2008 | 07:51 AM
TECH Addict

How do you get away with the permit? What is your reason to have one?
Old 05-08-2008 | 09:18 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 95GreenZ28
How do you get away with the permit? What is your reason to have one?
I have Keratoconus. I had a corena transplant last year in one eye. But even before my family doc always gave me a perscription. Here in MO if you have a prescription from a MD with why and how dark of tint you need, you show that to HP they will issue you a permit for free, you get 2 permit stickers. One goes on the rear glass or rear bumper and one goes on the front glass by the inspection sticker.
Old 05-08-2008 | 01:03 PM
TECH Resident

I think I smell pork?
Old 05-08-2008 | 01:18 PM
TECH Regular

LOL @ Jesse!
Old 05-08-2008 | 01:27 PM
TECH Addict

The Pigs here is the fine state of AZ seem to be cool about the tint(maybe it is the damn sun).

My car's tint is blacker than black, you can't even see through the back window when it starts getting dark.

I even see people here with full tinted windshields, but that is a bit much for me.
Old 05-08-2008 | 11:09 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Z28/2002
I take it you are speaking from experience

my friend and i thought of that idea (or someone told us, i dont remember?) to take it off back in high school...we were right, it worked well. but we didnt anticipate the glass getting that hot

Quick Reply: window tint bullsh**