Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Aeroforce Gauge Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 12:13 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry I couldn't help.
I found with mine that certain parameters can put the gauge in a cycle.
For instance, tonight when adjusting my idle the throttle voltage parameter sent one of my Interceptors into a loop because I had the throttle voltage up twice on the same gauge.
Just an FYI.

Good luck with it.
I love mine, I'm happy with them.
Old 05-10-2008, 09:02 AM
TECH Regular

I have to go out one more time this morning and try what Aeroforce advised. Try and turn the bezel a bit to free up the buttons. Thanks for the reply.
Old 05-10-2008, 11:40 PM
TECH Regular

Well after finally getting the bezel to move a slight bit i did get the buttons to free up. I plugged it in but it still does not seem to be booting up correctly. It did not go to a setup screen. I will have to mess with it again tomorrow.
Old 05-11-2008, 01:00 AM
TECH Resident

Just a thought, but maybe you should try hooking up the 12v source to it. Ive had mine hooked up to a 12v source and the obdII port and have never had a problem with it.
Old 05-11-2008, 10:10 AM
TECH Regular

You hooked it up to both 12v and OBDII at the same time? I will have to work on it tomorrow. I was busy at the Fire dept last night two fires, Need sleep and its Mothers day. Thanks
Old 05-12-2008, 12:04 AM
TECH Resident

Yep I have it connected through both. The instruction manual that I got with it when I bought it (over a year ago) says to use it along with the obdII. The latest one also says that most pontiacs from 96-03 need to use the power wire. I assume this goes for chevys too. It also says that most problems with it shutting on and off randomly can be attributed to a bad/not connected 12v source. Good luck with it
Old 05-12-2008, 08:06 AM
TECH Regular

Thanks i did not try that yet. What did you hook up to for the 12v source? The side of the dash fuse panel? I will ask Aeroforce if i should try that next.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:30 PM
TECH Resident

I actually just got done running an aux fuse panel that is powered straight from the battery. Makes wiring anything that needs a 12v source a breeze. Befoer that though I had an add a fuse and then had that run into a splitter normally used for stereos that made the one 12v source into 4 parallel ones. If that is the only thing you need to wire, the add a fuse or the acc slot in the fuse panel is the easiest route to go.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:33 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks again for the information. I Sent the gauge back today for a replacement. I Believe the gauge would not boot up from the buttons being stuck on.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:27 PM
TECH Regular

Aeroforce was a great help. I got a replacement gauge very quickly. The new gauge works fantastic. It really is a great gauge, now i can monitor all the parameters that i normally would have to go to the tuner to see. This should be a great help. I really like the trans temp monitor. I was always wondering how hot it was getting. I also can adjust my tps voltage now and throttle position. What else are you guys monitoring? I have the A/F, TRANS TEMP, TPS VOLT, THROTTLE POSITION, RPM, COOLANT, and the annunciator on the RPM for the shift light. Todd at Aeroforce was a great help in solving my issues and also Maryland Speed.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

I had EXACTLY the same problem. when I installed the gauge the face plate twisted and, i think, broke the buttons. It would power up, blink a couple times then shut off. It worked perfectly before i installed it. Aeroforce was nice enough to send me another, no questions asked.

Quick Reply: Aeroforce Gauge Help