Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

zaino questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 12:51 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default zaino questions

i haven't used my zaino in about two years and it froze this winter, what are the odds of Z-2 and Z-5 still being good after 4 or so years?

i need more ZFX anyways so i'll be ordering some stuff from them, just trying to keep it in one shipment.

also, there are some new products since i've used it. I'm not really sure what CS is used for and what's the difference between the Z-8 and Z-6? Would either of those be visibly benefitial in addition to the usual Z-5,2,6 routine?
Old 05-22-2008, 02:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

If it actually froze, it's likely not any good anymore. If you shake it up and it's still really watery, it's junk.

CS is a clear coat sealant. It's really geared more towards a daily driver type of car that will see the elements a lot and not a lot of Zaino. If wax your car often, you won't need the CS. If you have a car that really will only be Zainoed once a year, the CS would work.
Old 05-22-2008, 03:28 PM
Launching!

thanks for the info, i'll have to try the shaking when i get home. what about z-8, is there really any advantage to it over z-6?

i'm really not sure about the whole glazing thing either. do you put that on before or after wax and would it even be benefitial with zaino? anyone ever topcoat their zaino with anything?
Old 05-22-2008, 04:49 PM
TECH Regular

Z8 is supposed to give a little more "pop" than Z6, but it's also more expensive so I don't really use it as a quick detailer.
Glaze is nice to apply over a coat of wax, or on its own, again to give a little extra shine to the surface. True glazes don't have any corrective abilities. They work to hide imperfections with oils and fillers. Since Zaino doesn't mix well with those types of products, it would be best to avoid it over Zaino. You could apply a coat of carnauba over Zaino, but the general consensus is that it really doesn't make much difference; Zaino is pretty darn good all by itself
Old 05-22-2008, 09:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 846 Likes on 647 Posts

For a daily driver ZAIO topped with CS is a fast way to a great shine. CS is so easy it should be illegal. Z2pro gives a bit more of a reflective look. Z8 is incredible on dark colors. The Z triplets are a great combo.
Old 05-23-2008, 09:32 AM
Launching!

well, my stuff still looks ok. it doesn't look separated, i may just have to order some new zfx and try it. (actually my wife put my car supplies on a "budget" so i'm stuck anyways)
Old 05-23-2008, 02:11 PM
12 Second Club

i have been useing zaino for a few years and it is a very very good product altho it does lack depth on some color like black and dark red thats why i switched to blackfire after i got my black benz and black fire is easyer to use and gives a lot more depth to the paint but zaino and blackfire are both very good. only thing i dont like from zaino is the cs clear seal i could never get it to apply right like when i would try 1 spray a pannel like they recommend it dont seem like its covering and they when it dryes it looks hazy and i have to use a detail spray to get the haze off. i have tryed useing more and tred useing less and it still comes out the same.oh and if it froze i would just order a new bottle.

Quick Reply: zaino questions