Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

LT1 Trans Am vs. Firebird body panels

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 03:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT1 Trans Am vs. Firebird body panels

Ok guys, i got a question for ya, i bought a 94 Formula that needed some work. The Main being the front bumper was destroyed, and i needed a new one. After checking around for about a month, i couldnt find a forumla bumper.

looking at the differences between the Fomula, T/A, and Firehawk i decided i wanted to grab a T/A hatch for the raised Spoiler. I managed to find both from a Local LS1tech member for a more then resonable price, and picked up a Hatch and front Bumper.

my question, is who here thinks its stupid/ricer/crap that i mix and match parts of the cars? i plan on getting lsX tail lights and Xenon sides to make it slightly original.

its currently at the painter so i dont have any pics of the newer stuff on it, but im just looking for some comments/critisism/hate about what im doing.
Old 05-29-2008, 03:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So basically its going to be a T/A right? Lots have done it including myself. Mine started out as a Formula.
Old 05-29-2008, 04:04 PM
On The Tree

well, its not gonna have a T/A rear bumper or side skirts.. so im just wondering if this was sacrelidge or somthing lol.

eventually it will sport the Ram-Air hood.
Old 05-29-2008, 04:26 PM
TECH Junkie

no your fine as long as you dont go godding it up
Old 05-29-2008, 05:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like he said ^...should be fine. A good number of people have done it. I had put the Wings West kit on mine when it was still had the Formula hatch and front bumper. I then swapped out the hatch but still kept everything else the same. I only got the T/A front bumper when I had a small accident. I got a good price on a T/A one versus a Formula one at the time

Here's what it looked like when i had the hatch...of course the side skirts helped. Also the front chin piece was all messed up....I wished I'd never put that thing on. Scraped everything and ALWAYS got F*cked up.

Oh and here's what I had to replace the stock bumper

Old 05-29-2008, 09:00 PM
Teching In

I have a 96 firebird and was planning on swapping the front bumper also, but my question is are you planning on keeping the fenders from the 94-97 or swapping them aswell for 98-02?

Quick Reply: LT1 Trans Am vs. Firebird body panels