Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

warbird hood

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2003, 10:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default warbird hood

does neone have a link to the site with the "warbird hood" for my camaro.
Old 08-12-2003, 11:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: warbird hood

Warbird or Ram Air II I believe are the same thing.

http://www.carhoods.com/HoodPages/PF-424.htm
Old 08-12-2003, 11:04 PM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

Also check on Ebay and look for the seller U.S. Exotics. I know for certain that Roger makes the warbird hood.
Old 08-12-2003, 11:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you want a WS6 hood why did you get a Camaro? Seems odd why people do this. Whats wrong with the stock Camaro hood or a variation on it? The WS6 hood just looks ricey on a Camaro. IMO. But otherwise my bad I dont got a website.
Old 08-12-2003, 11:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Also check on Ebay and look for the seller U.S. Exotics. I know for certain that Roger makes the warbird hood.
I got my WS6 hood from US Exotics and I love it. Roger was a great person to work with. It took a little longer cause the first one didn't meet his quality so I got one from a brand new mold. Good price to.
Old 08-13-2003, 12:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

If you want a WS6 hood why did you get a Camaro? Seems odd why people do this. Whats wrong with the stock Camaro hood or a variation on it? The WS6 hood just looks ricey on a Camaro. IMO.
Where do poeple get this Idea that any GFX for American cars is "Ricey". so any hood or body spoiler kits,air dams etc... is now "Ricey"?
So metalflake and pearl paint jobs must also be "ricey"?
The products that we use to mod our rides are all made in America for American cars. That is not "ricey". The VENOM viper is "Ricey"??, the WS6 is now Ricey??
Come on guys, dressing up your ride for show and personal expression is NOT "Ricey". Putting a Supra wing on a vette or a mustang is.
Those GFX kits are designed by Americans and built by Americans. They are part of our freedom of expression.
As we all know, we mod our cars to personalise our rides and make it "special". So if you don't like it,don't do it, but do not insult us by comparing an American Icon to to a Sake guzzling, pony killer wanna be.
I think the Ram Air II hood is cool with a Xenon body kit. Check LIQUIDSNAKE's ride. Wow.
Old 08-13-2003, 08:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Hood on ebay

Really friendly people and hood fits as good as fiberglass hoods fit.
Old 08-13-2003, 08:38 AM
TECH Addict

Where do poeple get this Idea that any GFX for American cars is "Ricey". so any hood or body spoiler kits,air dams etc... is now "Ricey"?
So metalflake and pearl paint jobs must also be "ricey"?
The products that we use to mod our rides are all made in America for American cars. That is not "ricey". The VENOM viper is "Ricey"??, the WS6 is now Ricey??
Come on guys, dressing up your ride for show and personal expression is NOT "Ricey". Putting a Supra wing on a vette or a mustang is.
Those GFX kits are designed by Americans and built by Americans. They are part of our freedom of expression.
As we all know, we mod our cars to personalise our rides and make it "special". So if you don't like it,don't do it, but do not insult us by comparing an American Icon to to a Sake guzzling, pony killer wanna be.
I think the Ram Air II hood is cool with a Xenon body kit. Check LIQUIDSNAKE's ride. Wow.
Re-read his statement. He said that the Ram Air II (refering to it as a WS6 hood) looked ricey on a Camaro. Which it does. Though, I don't think I would have refered to it as "ricey", poser maybe?
Old 08-13-2003, 09:58 AM
TECH Resident

I happen to like it. I'm not a big fan of the retractrable headlights, so I bought a Z28. However, I do like the WS6 nostril look, and I'll probably get one for myself. Go with what you like. There is always someone with something negative to say.

Mystichrome paint jobs... that's "ricey"!
Old 08-13-2003, 01:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

I know man I'm sooooo sensitive with that "ricey" term.
2 rules: Don't diss. my ride and don't diss my ride.
Old 08-13-2003, 02:53 PM
12 Second Club

I don't think the ws6 hood looks like it belongs on a camaro. If it don't look like it belongs there, people will say rice. Camaro's are great looking cars, so is the WS6. I'd never dress one up to look like the other. The WS6 hood is always going to be a Trans-Am look, and people will think you wanted a Trans-Am. Just my opinion. If I put a huge rear wing on my WS6, i'm sure someone would call it rice. I would hope they would.
Old 08-13-2003, 05:49 PM
TECH Addict

2000Z28M6: You do know your F-Body was made in Canada right?
Old 08-14-2003, 07:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Alot of cameros in Lubbock have different ram air hoods (all V6s) and they just don't fit the symmetry of the car!!
Look into the SLP ultra Z hood or a cowl induction! no one will laugh at these when they see you driving!
Old 08-15-2003, 12:16 AM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

That hood says "I really wanted a WS6 but all I got was this Camaro".

No sir, I don't like it.
Old 08-15-2003, 07:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,447 Likes on 1,005 Posts

That hood says "I really wanted a WS6 but all I got was this Camaro".

No sir, I don't like it.
Ok, it's not ricey...it's more like crossdressing, a guy with a Camaro putting a WS6 style hood on the Camaro is like a mother that really wanted a little girl but got a little boy, so she just puts him in skirts & pink panties.

I mean if someone wants a WS6 hood on their Camaro hey it's their Camaro and they can do whatever.

BTW There are several hoods that look better on a Trans Am than a WS6 hood IMO too.

Quick Reply: warbird hood