Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Could dirtybird have a project a brewin?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 07:16 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Could dirtybird have a project a brewin?

Old 06-24-2008, 07:30 PM
TECH Regular

Good hint.... looking forward to finished pics
Old 06-24-2008, 07:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Looks good. Let us know how the install goes. I need seats.
Old 06-24-2008, 07:31 PM
Banned

more pics for some other stuff that is happening....car could possibly getting painted as well.

I've got one seat in as of now until I get everything else finished. Corbeau's engineers could have conjured up the brackets to better fit people with swollen knuckles from football and turning wrenches. Front two bolts went out without a sweat, back two, i needed my girlfriends little hand to thread one of them .

Old 06-24-2008, 07:49 PM
TECH Veteran

nice seats, but the cluster looks cheesy with different color bulbs...very cheesy
Old 06-24-2008, 07:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ls1CamaroGuy87
nice seats, but the cluster looks cheesy with different color bulbs...very cheesy
i like cheese, and im testing out colors ****, i forgot to mention that. prolly goin all purple to match all the other accents. I had green in there the other day, white, red, blue, and orange. The purple works well the needles just don't light up well. And yes I said purple bitches
Old 06-24-2008, 08:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Mmmm. I want that purple stuff. HAHA
Old 06-24-2008, 08:39 PM
TECH Regular

did u get the seats straight from corbeau? they're going to look real nice installed
Old 06-24-2008, 08:50 PM
TECH Regular

Lookin pretty pimp my man! I say **** the nay sayers, be different...if purple is what you are going for...then purple it shall be! I think with the seats and everything...its gonna look good...and different!

Yeahh
Old 06-24-2008, 09:32 PM
Banned

got them from LMPerformance.com cheapest I could find anywhere and free shipping, although I didn't know they were in the state of florida so i got slapped with taxes. Although Lmperfomance wasn't to swift with processing the order or informing you on what is going on.

Waiting on dynamat, carpet from stockinteriors, replacement speakers, and paint. Just got a cam install and it needs to be tuned. Also have a custom front bumper I've been laboring on every now and then.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:50 PM
TECH Regular

looks good so far PM sent
Old 06-24-2008, 10:17 PM
Banned Village Idiot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice seats! the cluster look pretty kool too
Old 06-25-2008, 01:08 PM
Banned

no update today as work kicked my ***. like ninety something degrees out and 100% humidity = major loss of energy, water, and so on. I'll get back to it tomorrow. Need to get the A/C fixed in the Civic so I can just leave this car in one spot! Hey and if any of you remember my last car, I did some pretty out there stuff and it was still loved by many!

There are also two other projects going on in my father's garage. He's restoring his 66 Chevelle back to stock appearance (maybe an LSx to replace the 396), and turning my mom's 74 Stingray into a bracket racer. It's getting a crate SBC Gen I tree fitty, bigger stall, upgraded suspension, new rims, some Corbeau's as well, and so on.
Old 06-26-2008, 01:10 PM
12 Second Club

i hear you about the corbeau brackets those back ones are a pain in the *** LOL
Old 06-26-2008, 01:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Lookin' good, is your car black? Looks green in the pic of the wheel...I can't tell
Old 06-26-2008, 02:32 PM
TECH Veteran

dude are you shitting me wit hthe purple....well not the purple i dont care about that but it being hard to see the needles...dude think ahead before you put random **** in your car. Other than that i like the seats
Old 06-26-2008, 05:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mycamaroSS
dude are you shitting me wit hthe purple....well not the purple i dont care about that but it being hard to see the needles...dude think ahead before you put random **** in your car. Other than that i like the seats
random ****?

I believe I have planned everything out. Unless you use the stock bulbs, white leds, or red leds, you are going to have problems seeing red needles. Everyone gets all wet when someone does blue leds in their gauges and it's even harder to see the needles with the blue. It's not that bad in person, I know how the picture looks depends on your monitor as well and your screen settings.

I came up with a color scheme I wanted to do for the interior/exterior/engine bay. Saved up my hard earned money, purchased the things needed to fulfill the plan, and now it's all being put together. Therefor it can't just be "random ****."

The car is actually a Honda Accord color. It's Midnight Blue Metallic. It looks black during the day and at night it looks like Navy Blue Metallic. It's a cool color but the previous owner had it painted like that and it was a realllll shitty job. They never let the clear coat cure and there are a few runs. My dad and I are going to paint it here soon. I have the new color and everything on the shelf at home just need to start sanding! It will be a color off the Lambo Superleggera called Grigio Telesto.
Old 06-26-2008, 05:23 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sweet. I don't think I have seen a single battleship gray(generic name for lambo paint color) colored F-body period. It should come together nicely with your accents.
Old 06-26-2008, 06:47 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by DirtyBird222
Unless you use the stock bulbs, white leds, or red leds, you are going to have problems seeing red needles.

DirtyBird is right with this, I tried to change the Needle bulbs out with Blue LED's and I couldn't see them lit up for ****! It was really dull, and I have the more Yellow Needles! So I just stuck White replacement bulbs in and they work fine!

Again, nevermind the nay-sayers....do what you feel looks good on your car....at least you have the ***** to do this, whereas most people wouldn't even tackle this!!
Old 06-26-2008, 08:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TooFastT/A
DirtyBird is right with this, I tried to change the Needle bulbs out with Blue LED's and I couldn't see them lit up for ****! It was really dull, and I have the more Yellow Needles! So I just stuck White replacement bulbs in and they work fine!

Again, nevermind the nay-sayers....do what you feel looks good on your car....at least you have the ***** to do this, whereas most people wouldn't even tackle this!!
Thank you haha, and yea I really can't wait to get it painted. I saw the car in person a couple times (the lambo) and fell in love with the color. Bought a pint of it painted it on some stuff and it is just awesome.

The intake lid and fuel rail covers will be the same purple as the calipers, interior will be all black with CF and hints of purple.

Last edited by DirtyBird222; 06-26-2008 at 08:37 PM.

Quick Reply: Could dirtybird have a project a brewin?