Tinted
40.51%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Tint vs no Tint

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 02:03 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what do y'all mean inspection? i mean when would your windshild get inspected and i mean how would a cop put that thing on your windshield isn't it supposed to slide over a piece of glass??
Old 06-28-2008, 10:37 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Fotis
what do y'all mean inspection? i mean when would your windshild get inspected and i mean how would a cop put that thing on your windshield isn't it supposed to slide over a piece of glass??
Not sure what other states use.. but here in NC to test tint we use a 2-piece handheld light transmitter meter. Hold each side to opposite sides of the glass, and boom.
Old 06-28-2008, 12:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

put 35% on there !
Old 06-29-2008, 04:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the strip looks tacky.

I had a car with 5% over 35% all around and 35% on the windshield. The headlights of cars behind and in front of me made it easier to see at night, but during the day it was difficult to see out the back.

Nice as hell though, kept the car VERY cool inside.

I don't know if anyone has said it or not but if you do tint the whole thing - go with 35% and not 50%. 50% might be a "lighter" tint but it possesses a reflective quality that makes it easier to detect.
Old 06-29-2008, 12:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i have 35% tint down my entire windshield...see fine and no problems from cops...been done almost 2 years now
Old 07-02-2008, 11:25 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

On one of my cars I had 5% on the sides and rear, and 45% on the windshield. It looked very good, but there were a couple small flaws in the job on the windshield, and when youre looking at it the whole time, it get's annoying to always notice it. Regardless, it looked sick, and didn't really have a problem seeing out at night. I voted yes

Wade
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 07-03-2008, 04:39 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Greenbird97
Yea, I guess it would decrease night visibility come to think of it. I have 20% all the way around (sides, rear) and I had 5% put on the t-tops and it stays real cool if I put a front deflector up when its parked, but if i don't have that deflector up, it gets real hot. Just thought tinting the front might work.
Do you have pics of this? This was EXACTLY what I was planning on doing. If you do, I'd really appreciate it
Old 07-04-2008, 09:06 AM
Launching!

I personally don't have any pics, someone else might. I know that the cars you see in tv commercials generally have like 5% on the front, but i was looking at something like 45% on the front, not much but enough to keep some of the heat out.
Old 07-05-2008, 02:41 PM
On The Tree

I had 35% on the windsheild of a Monte Carlo I used to have. I loved it. Night driving isn't bad at all if you dim your dash lights. Sucks if you dont. Also, hope you never get caught out on a rainy night, cause you cant see ANYTHING when its dark and raining. But it did keep the car alot cooler inside. Its like wearing sunglasses, but not. Oh also, if you do alot of driving with your windows down, dont do it. Its hard to explain but it screws your vision up with side windows down and a tinted WS, kinda like trying to drive cross-eyed or something... just a thought.
Old 07-05-2008, 04:29 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On my car I have had it all. I have had the normal dollar bill length, got tired of that moved it down to were the triangle pactch for your side mirrors are which is like 3 more inches down, still didn't like there. Waited a about six months cut it off and tinted the whole thing. A hint if you are going to tint the whole thing go 35%all the way down and then put a strip of 5% at the top like a banner. The reason behind that is when you are driving down the road the strip at the top wil seem a lot darker than the rest of the windshield. 1 1/2 of driving on two vehciles never been pulled over and checked. PLus I am good buddies with some of the FHP guys. I ahve been told that the FHP/ local too do not have th supporting equipment to enforce the tint laws any more, there old system was not being held up in court for some unknown reasons. Go for it and tint the whole thing. The best way to describe driving with a tinted windsheild is it always looking like it is going to rain.

Quick Reply: Tint vs no Tint