Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

I am F' ING PISSED at 6litereater....

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 12:10 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^Pretty much got it covered... Also, on www.6LITEREATERDESIGNS.com I have a write up...
Old 09-17-2008, 03:26 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Honestly, at first I wasnt sure, but now I really like the way it looks on your car (6litereater). I may have to get me one...
Old 09-17-2008, 06:30 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i live like 2 blocks away from gilbert and u guys dont call looks good tho mike, are those recent
Old 09-17-2008, 08:09 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Vicinity
It's pretty much an appearance mod, but it's sort of functional. It can be made to be fully functional if you want, but it'd require some work. A splitter simiply defuses air, it can be seen on many race cars. (A)This one has been tested well in the 1xx MPH range, 110 MPH by myself, infact, only slowed down because I have no reason to go any faster, lol.

(B) It also protects the nose of your car from scraping. Protection FTMFW.
(A) New R&D update....the splitter works well (no noise and nose of the car felt stable) at at least 125 mph......."so i hear"

(B) AMEN, on Melrose in Hollywood, the potholes in the alley can swallow cars...thank god the splitter got scraped, and not my nose! WHEW!

Originally Posted by ae13291
i live like 2 blocks away from gilbert and u guys dont call looks good tho mike, are those recent
Thanks Ara. Those pics are about 2 months old. But the PHK photoshoot day pics are like 3 weeks old.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:48 AM
Banned

Thanks to whomever the moderator was who deleted Dexter's imbecilic public announcement of "tracing and selling" my design... For anyone who happened to read it in their e-mails, here's the response I sent Dexter via PM:

"So you know...

...I forwarded your info (name, address, IP address, etc...) on to my business lawyer. How dense are you that you would actually post on a public forum that you intend to steal a patented design?

Regardless, everything else you said is just as idotic. I'll chalk it up to your age but just to drop a little knowledge on you:

1) ABS is used because the cars are daily drivers and it is FLEXIBLE. If they scrape it it won't break. It is also THE INDUSTRY STANDARD. New Mustangs, Challengers, etc... all use it.

2) You are flat out ignorant as to the cost of this.

Do you know the size of these? 6ft x 4ft That takes up almost an entire sheet of ABS by itself (do an online search for a sheet of ABS this size, 1/4" factor in shipping and see what the cost is, well over $130 IF you buy in BULK)

Factor in waterjet costs (anything less, like routing, is not going to be as high quality) packaging material and then shipping (which alone is near $100 to some places, right at $80 to places less than an hour away and this is WITH MY DHL BUSINESS DISCOUNT).

Of course you also have the hardware, paypal fees not to mention the sponsorship fees (which I do NOT add into the price of these).

Like I said, in some cases on the $275 group purchase price I LOST money (for the further distance ones)...

So you are an absolute moron to say you could sell these to people for less than $100 shipped when shipping costs that much... and in lexan? Our bumpers are curved, the ABS takes its shape, the lexan won't. It would rip right off due to air leaks.

Go read a book and raise you IQ a little... Maybe you can make it into the double digits.
Old 09-18-2008, 01:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
Go read a book and raise you IQ a little... Maybe you can make it into the double digits.
Owned.
Old 09-18-2008, 07:38 AM
Staging Lane

I don't know why I am so nice, why I give people the benefit of the doubt when it comes to having some ounce of self decency... I will now post the responce to the PM I received from 6litereater this morning... It was unfortunatly before I got the the office and sat down at the computer, so it was whipped up on my phone. Unfortunatly browsing sites with large amounts of graphics results in alot of scrolling and I didn't look here first to see that he in no way deserved the way I treated him. Through the legalities of it all im fairly sure I can tell you to go FU#K yourself and rot in hell... And for what its worth I hope a moderator does come and see this and actually read through it all to see what kind of sh*t you really are. Without any further delay here was my responce this morning to a message that never even got viewed on this thread as I deleted it out of respect for a money hungry sh*t bag who... never mind... we all know what things cost to make and that profit is great ... there should be some moral limit though. And please don't take his last post word for word as his costs are far out of spec for a piece of abs that went through no more of a process other than put it in the water jet, take it out... no finishing what so ever, nothing... one program that will remain the same forever, place it in... take it out. Sell it for an obsene profit. God, typing frantically out of anger right now so I will just paste this pathetically too nice responce of mine.

6litereater,

I write to inform you that out of sheer respect for your right to make any profit you'd like I removed that post no sooner than I had submitted it. reasons for you still seeing it I am unsure of. possibly due to you being the thread originator. as far as legalities go, please do not patronize me! and furthermore lets not say I am an immature 24 yr. old either. this is quite irrelevant however I too own my own business and am happily married living the dream... unfortunately that dream doesn't supply the great deal of disposable income you require for that slender lip of abs. we could also get into the abs material itself, and trust me... just because the auto industry uses items to manufacture cheap parts to stay afloat in the market... well, that certainly doesn't make them the best. now to touch briefly on my design... I can assure you I can make a very attractive lip out of the materials stated that aside from being physically destroyed would live the life of the car and then some. now moving on to the lovely legalities of it all... simply copying another products "foot print" is perfectly legal! I am also unsure if your product even has any patents, but if it did, my design plans were 180 out from yours and wouldn't even spur so much as raised brow legally. do you think only one manufacturer produces ABS headlight covers, rain guards, fender flares, etc... free enterprise my friend, I can legally take your idea and make it better and more affordable. now lets briefly hit the topic of machining. you bring up waterjetting, I'm so glad you did as I have so many items (stainless mainly) thrown on a waterjet to instill my company logo. and with extensive ties to oberg manufacturing, I can say that no matter how you chose to machine this item it could be done in a way that portrays a lower end cost. maybe you are just trying to pay off your $20,000 machine, I don't know... but out of respect of your right to make any amount of money you'd like, and the simple truth that I'm not going to dedicate time to make any real quantities to compete I pulled the post. and as I said before I did so no sooner than I submitted it. I hope you have enjoyed our talks as much as I have, and feel free to drop a line any time! I do however apologize for my lack of grammar in this message, you'll have to understand that I am typing it from my phone... I just couldn't wait to get back to you!

ps : I understand where you are coming from, no one wants someone else to pop into their market and say directly to the buyers ... hey, I can do that, and have a few ideas to do it nicer, or just differently... and it will be cheaper! again, this was the reason I pulled the post. so to conclude, from one guy running his own business trying to make a buck to another, I do apologize for stepping on your toes and saying what I did. if possible, no hard feelings.

pps: I still think you have room in your profit margin to lower your prices substantially... your part of a forum and community that would have no limit of gratitude and no shortage of appreciation for someone fair. you also to the best of my knowledge, produce the only f-body lip in the industry. so you have all the power.

write back, as I'd like to hear from you again.

sincerely,
Brett Prior
Old 09-18-2008, 02:56 PM
Banned

Someone do the math for Dexter since he obviously missed that episode of Sesame Street... Not to mention the one about using a spacebar and the enter button.

No one is stopping you from making your own. You just made it clear to everyone you're the scumbag who just wants to trace someone else's design and find a way to profit off of it. Your definition of "nice" is pretty different than mine...
Old 09-18-2008, 03:08 PM
Staging Lane

Your head seems to be stuck so far up your own *** that you simply couldn't read what I sent you earlier. Tell you what dick bag... I'll fab one up, it'll be in my spare time since this is still a pretty busy season for construction... But in due time I'll have some pictures. I don't need the short cut, we both have the same damn bumper to work off of. And my original intention wasn't even to sell the damn things... I was simply saying what it should cost to make something like that. What ever you want to tell yourself is fine with me though.
Old 09-18-2008, 03:20 PM
TECH Addict

Why does MY thread have to get hijacked??
Old 09-18-2008, 03:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

its going to my to do list for my car now....
Old 09-18-2008, 04:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Dexter
Your head seems to be stuck so far up your own *** that you simply couldn't read what I sent you earlier. Tell you what dick bag... I'll fab one up, it'll be in my spare time since this is still a pretty busy season for construction... But in due time I'll have some pictures. I don't need the short cut, we both have the same damn bumper to work off of. And my original intention wasn't even to sell the damn things... I was simply saying what it should cost to make something like that. What ever you want to tell yourself is fine with me though.
I'm sorry that when some idiot posts on a public forum asking people who have already bought someone's product to send him a traced outline so he can rip it off and sell himself I tend to disregard anything else they have to say as
Old 09-18-2008, 04:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sommer86

Why does MY thread have to get hijacked??

Because idiots like Dexter use their only 2 points of IQ to think to themselves, "I want to steal, but I need to do it in a sneaky way. Oh I know, I'll post in a thread the designer didn't start and it will go unnoticed. Oh, I'll go one step further, I'll post it so that all subscribed get the e-mail and then delete it so that I can't get flagged by moderators. I'm so smart, and people say Pabst Blue Ribbon kills brain cells, well I say f@ck brain cells "

Anyways Mike, just ask a moderator like Brain2006, XtinctZ28, or phantomzer0 to clean it up...
Old 09-18-2008, 11:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Isn't it against the rules to **** with a sponsor?
Old 09-19-2008, 03:25 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Vicinity
Isn't it against the rules to **** with 6LITEREATER?
Fixed
Old 10-01-2008, 06:57 AM
Banned

Bird splitters in the works...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=995032
Old 10-01-2008, 07:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 10-01-2008, 07:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i wasn't sure if i would like it but im considering buying one now....it does add a nice feature to the front of the car that it seems to need

EDIT: not to get back to the thread or nothing....
Old 10-01-2008, 02:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by crossroads
i wasn't sure if i would like it but im considering buying one now....it does add a nice feature to the front of the car that it seems to need

EDIT: not to get back to the thread or nothing....
Yeah, it is weird how naked the cars seem once you take it off...
Old 10-01-2008, 03:51 PM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

This thread has gone far enough and in quite a different direction. Play nice.

Quick Reply: I am F' ING PISSED at 6litereater....