Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

what should I use to attach my new ws6 emblem to bumper?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 09:57 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default what should I use to attach my new ws6 emblem to bumper?

Like the title says, just bought a new ws6 emblem to replace the one that was stolen from me, but i bought it from a board member that had a wrecked T/A, and i didn't come with adhesive. What should I use to attach it again to my bumper?
Old 08-11-2008, 10:01 PM
Staging Lane

ummm i used double sided 3m adhesive tape and its stayed on for awhile even with washing with a pressure washer idk who did it before me but they used some black sticky crap that took forever to get off... but the tape is really strong
Old 08-11-2008, 10:06 PM
11 Second Truck Club

the 3M tape should work, but 3M also makes a clear "plastic & emblem adhesive" that comes in a tube...available at O'Reilly I know for sure...
Old 08-11-2008, 10:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Stay away from the tube, use 3M double side tape, buy the one that is gray with the red covering, works like a charm, once you set it, it stay there in place!
Old 08-11-2008, 11:49 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by tripps
Like the title says, just bought a new ws6 emblem to replace the one that was stolen from me, but i bought it from a board member that had a wrecked T/A, and i didn't come with adhesive. What should I use to attach it again to my bumper?
word up trevor!

i would think some heavy duty 3M tape would work, i'm sure the fellas at O'Reillys will have something. Any luck finding that touch up paint for the CETA bumper??
Old 08-12-2008, 01:24 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by TXws6
word up trevor!

i would think some heavy duty 3M tape would work, i'm sure the fellas at O'Reillys will have something. Any luck finding that touch up paint for the CETA bumper??
Yeah i found it and it worked out great. I just got my car back from getting repainted because my mom's boyfriend backed into me..but the body shop did damn good work and there was already and big dent there.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:26 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by kirkjames90
ummm i used double sided 3m adhesive tape and its stayed on for awhile even with washing with a pressure washer idk who did it before me but they used some black sticky crap that took forever to get off... but the tape is really strong
that sounds like it might have been the OEM adhesive that usually comes with the emblem, there is still some of that on the back of this emblem but its not sticky anymore at all.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:26 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by transam5.7lt1
Stay away from the tube, use 3M double side tape, buy the one that is gray with the red covering, works like a charm, once you set it, it stay there in place!
I'll be sure to pick some of that up tomorrow from o'reillys on my way home. Thanks for the fast replies!
Old 08-12-2008, 01:40 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by transam5.7lt1
+1thats what i used, and works great

Quick Reply: what should I use to attach my new ws6 emblem to bumper?