Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Acura RSX & Mazda RX8 seats

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 10:08 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Acura RSX & Mazda RX8 seats

Hey guys, I have been looking for some more supportive and better looking seats for a while now and I think I have come up with some good options.

I currently have the cloth manual adjust seats, so maintaining a low seat height and seat weight is important. My car will see a track a few times a year (HPDE) and hopefully more in the future.

Both RX8 and RSX seats are readily available, manually adjustable, not too expensive and pretty supportive/good looking.

I am leaning towards the 2005+ RSX seats as the bolstering was improved in those years and they have nice perforated leather centers. I would get either seats in black leather.

Does anyone have any experience/opinions of these seats? Even better, have you put them in your F-body?
Old 08-18-2008, 04:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've only sat in my buddies 03 RSX. seats felt OK. i little too hard for me. I guess the 05+ seats are better/different. I'd love to see some pics if anyone has done it or when you do it.
Although i feel like mixing Honda and GM could cause some sort of spontaneous combustion. lol
Old 08-18-2008, 05:06 PM
TECH Regular

I think it wouldn't be so bad! My friend has an '05 RSX Type S and the seats are pretty comfortable, plus she has told me before that the seats would look bad *** in my car.....I might have to check into this! For me, I don't see it as mixing honda with GM, because for me its like buying any other aftermarket seats to put into your f-body that other people buy the same ones to put into their tuner car. The only thing for me I care about is comfortability, and that it looks tons better than my stock, cloth seats! If I were to do this, I of course will go a step further to make it more of a "fit" in my T/A!

-Justin

Quick Reply: Acura RSX & Mazda RX8 seats