Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

My 2OTL True Duals & !4X4

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 02:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking My 2OTL True Duals & !4X4

Sorry guys the car is a little dirty and my clamps keep loosening up so the pipes going to the axle are hanging down about 2" lower than they should be, but that will be fixed by the end of the week and I'll try to get some more pics up on here, but heres some to hold you over.......

And heres a before stance. The car dropped ~1.25-1.5" in front and only about 3/4" in the rear. The pic below is after I cut 1/2 a coil out of the rear and did the heater hose mod. The heater hose is done on the above pics and IMHO the rear needs to come down a touch so I might cut a coil off of the rears to bring it down to match the front
Old 08-27-2008, 02:04 PM
TECH Addict

Now my future mods are as follows.....

Fix the exhaust clamps, black out front turn signals, tint windows, paint the top gloss black, paint wheels and headlight buckets satin black, and clean and wax the car really good and beat the **** outta her LOL

Also I may take the muffler and tips back off and cut about an ince off of the tips because at certain angles they look like they stick out really far, but if you look from the top down you can't even see the tips, so I don't know what to do just yet

Last edited by Turnin20s; 08-27-2008 at 02:15 PM.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

nice totl
Old 08-27-2008, 02:26 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks man. Sorry the pics are kinda on the shitty side, but its kind of cloomy out today so....

But when I get my clamps fixed I'll take some better pics that aren't in my driveway
Old 08-27-2008, 03:29 PM
TECH Regular

The 12th picture makes it look like your exhaust is laying on the ground. Looks good though
Old 08-27-2008, 05:59 PM
11 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Looks good
Old 08-28-2008, 02:34 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by z28bryan02
The 12th picture makes it look like your exhaust is laying on the ground. Looks good though
HAHA I know right, theres not much I can do though considering the pic shows my headers. I only scraped the headers once so far and I was going about 120 and hit a dip in the highway and they only touched a little.

Thanks for all of the compliments guys, I'll have more pics hopefully on friday when I have the new clamps installed and the pipes aren't all hanging down
Old 08-28-2008, 10:46 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks damn good. I cant wait to hear a good video of how that sucker sounds!
Old 08-29-2008, 01:29 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Bad_tx_Z28
looks damn good. I cant wait to hear a good video of how that sucker sounds!
Thanks man, hopefully the vid of idle/rev/drive by/in car/WOT pulls will be done this weekend as well as a handful of pics.

I may install new front brakes since mine are feeling like they are glazed over and my stopping power just doesn't seem there and mabye they will keep my front wheels a little cleaner.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

honestly i think the 2otl is the best looking exhaust set up just ahead of a turn down right at the back of the bumper. love it.

one day i'll be doing that to my car
Old 08-30-2008, 03:04 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Oso SS
honestly i think the 2otl is the best looking exhaust set up just ahead of a turn down right at the back of the bumper. love it.

one day i'll be doing that to my car
Thanks man, I agree. There are 3 exhaust setups that look good on camaros and that is as follows IMHO

1. CME deffinately #1 as far as looks go because its simply amazing

2. 2OTL has to be LOL it looks so badass

3. Dumped at the axle or at the rear bumper so they are hidden. Sounds great, but the drone was killing me

I love the 2OTL look, no one else around here has anything like it and the closest is my buddy with a Borla with the passengers side tailpipe off and an electric cutout on that side.

I'm still up in the air about the tips on whether they stick out too far or not. Some angles they look amazing and others they look like they stick out 3" or so.

But the clamps are in my beater as well as the wax and car wash soap and I may have a place picked out for some good pics, but some of them may have a Civic SI in them but I told my buddy that it might not show up in the pics since its not a real car haha

But hopefully tomorrow night I'll get some good shots of a clean car and no hanging down exhaust, and it might have blacked out front turn signals by then
Old 08-31-2008, 02:50 AM
TECH Addict

I'm going back tomorrow after I cut some off of my rear springs to get it a little lower because it looks like **** IMHO but I'll try to get some better pics of the exhaust too. But let me know what you think
Old 09-01-2008, 12:48 AM
TECH Addict

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Looks good, gives it a sleeper look, but if I had a Z28, I would do the regular dual outlets with a true dual system.
Old 09-01-2008, 03:21 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by transam5.7lt1
Looks good, gives it a sleeper look, but if I had a Z28, I would do the regular dual outlets with a true dual system.
Thanks man, I had alot of reasons for the 2OTL but have a few different ideas I may try down the road, something like what the mustangs have for a setup with the mufflers under that car and traditional tail pipes
Old 09-01-2008, 11:55 AM
TECH Regular

looks good, always a fan of TOTL...what muffler(s) did you go with??
Old 09-01-2008, 12:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah a good exhaust shop can definitely tuck that up some..there is no reason for it to hang down that far...that could cause you a prob eventually...I like the 2otl setup looks nice..I have my GMMG with turndowns now and it looks and sounds nasty...I have the CME valance in the garage waiting for the CME tips...just cant fork out the 300 bucks for them now and then I will throw it on....

props to ya man
Old 09-01-2008, 01:16 PM
TECH Addict

Nice exhaust setup. What lowering springs do you have? Also, definately black out those corners. The clears clash. Heck, once you do that and paint the top gloss black, our cars will pretty much be twins.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:11 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 3pnt4maro
yeah a good exhaust shop can definitely tuck that up some..there is no reason for it to hang down that far...that could cause you a prob eventually...I like the 2otl setup looks nice..I have my GMMG with turndowns now and it looks and sounds nasty...I have the CME valance in the garage waiting for the CME tips...just cant fork out the 300 bucks for them now and then I will throw it on....

props to ya man
Thanks man and the exhaust is fixed as far as the hanging down goes. I reused my old clamps from when I had dumped bullets and they just didn't get tight enough. Nowwith the new clamsp its holding up good. If it comes apart again I'm going to tack weld the pipes back together and reclamp them so it can't happen again.

looks good, always a fan of TOTL...what muffler(s) did you go with??
I went with a Magnaflow 11379 and its pretty small so it tucks up good.

Nice exhaust setup. What lowering springs do you have? Also, definately black out those corners. The clears clash. Heck, once you do that and paint the top gloss black, our cars will pretty much be twins.
Hey nothing wrong with twins I'm going to order the new corners friday or a can of nite shades. Before when the grille was polished the corners looked ok, but now they clash bad. I believe that the springs are ST but I got them used so I'm not 100% sure. I have the rear isolators out and the heater hose mod done and the rear still sits too high so I cut about 5/8 of a coil off of each side and it sits a little better but needs to come down a little bit more. This winter I adding TTMs so our cars on't be twins anymore LOL
Old 09-01-2008, 11:50 PM
Banned Village Idiot

damn!!! thats veryyy low!
Old 09-02-2008, 12:18 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LS1BLKSS
damn!!! thats veryyy low!
HAHA yeah, but thats how I wanted it. And I have only scraped the headers 1 time hard and I knew I was going to scrape, but I went over it anyway. I hate when you do stupid stuff like that LOL But if I'm careful I don't think I'll have any more problems

Quick Reply: My 2OTL True Duals & !4X4