Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Firebird Cme?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 03:12 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Devylyst
now for the ceta mod around the cme, that looks pretty dang good.
Thanks I actually tried doing the ceta, but it's kinda hard to choose where to do it because it's a Camaro bumper.
Old 08-31-2008, 03:16 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Or completly move the plate into the center of the tail lights

Old 08-31-2008, 03:20 AM
11 Second Club

Not likin' that so much, lol.
Old 08-31-2008, 03:57 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 98 WS6
Thanks I actually tried doing the ceta, but it's kinda hard to choose where to do it because it's a Camaro bumper.
Here is my attempt at the ceta on this bumper. I dont know of any other way to do it to look half decent.

Old 08-31-2008, 04:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

i had an idea for a formula.....second page red
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...=831131&page=2
Old 08-31-2008, 02:34 PM
11 Second Club

Yeah that would look pretty good on a formula. So it seems the only way to do a nice CME is to at least put a Camaro bumper on a Firebird lol.
Old 08-31-2008, 03:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by x2jesse1x
Or completly move the plate into the center of the tail lights

OMG!!! Fail!!!

- Mike
Old 08-31-2008, 03:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ive got to say there is some good effort here but my god

I like how it still says Camaro in the bumper. Its the reflection of the stainless fillin letters!
Old 08-31-2008, 05:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Camaros need appearance mods like the Sunoco hood, Dick Harrell fenders, CME's, Whistler mods, etc, etc. Trans Am's, on the other hand, need no appearance mods. I say, save it for the Camaros.
Old 08-31-2008, 07:23 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 02TransAm/Batmobile
Camaros need appearance mods like the Sunoco hood, Dick Harrell fenders, CME's, Whistler mods, etc, etc. Trans Am's, on the other hand, need no appearance mods. I say, save it for the Camaros.

I dont agree with that at all. I think they both need options and right now the firebird doesnt have anything to make it different then everyother on the road. There is the regular and TA bumpers. Everyone has the trans am bumpers on there car weather it be a firebird/formula or trans am. The formula bumper IMO looks like crap so the only option is the TA bumper. Then you are limited to the tips you use. Everyone and there mother uses corsa tips. Once again like everyother on the road.

Ive always been one to be different and I think if done right and everything this could look bad ***. I didnt expect everyone or anyone to like it, I just wanted to see what people thought since I bet it has never been done befor since It will require a custome bumper
Old 08-31-2008, 07:25 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by bballr4567
Ive got to say there is some good effort here but my god

I like how it still says Camaro in the bumper. Its the reflection of the stainless
fillin letters!

Thats just ur opinion, Some have the same opinion with ur hood. I like it so I guess thats all that matters.
Old 08-31-2008, 07:27 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Camaro_94
OMG!!! Fail!!!

- Mike
So what looks so bad about it? Im just curious. I know prob NO ONE has ever seen this done with the firebird befor so its a new idea. But why be a dick about it.
Old 08-31-2008, 07:30 PM
TECH Addict

you guys are going to hell lol The trans am is a piece of art.... not ****.
Old 08-31-2008, 07:39 PM
TECH Resident

I know this is thinking outside of the box and many people on this site like to keep a stock looking car or "Clean" car. I dont think that way. Im not into import crap such as huge wings, body kits or stupid exhausts. However I am into being different.

I just think that looks pretty damn good. But then again I like to be different
Old 08-31-2008, 07:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

The reason it looks like crap is because that is a Camaro bumper. Are you going to use it in the process too?

Truthfully, I just think that a Firebird has WAY too much going on in the back to begin with. You have the HUGE tail lights, the reverse lights that stick out, the filler panel, the license plate and then the huge wing.

OH BTW I didnt choose the hood. Was on the car when I got it. I prefer the Superhawk or WS9 hood way more. Just not dropping the almost $1500 it would take to get it changed. It looks damn good with any hood on it.

Also the small button next to the quote button is your friend. Hit it with every post you want to quote then hit the post reply button. Every post is then quoted and no need for quadposting.
Old 08-31-2008, 07:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 350 Likes on 263 Posts

vfn makes a wheely bar bumper that has the openig but i dont know where you would put the plate
Old 08-31-2008, 08:17 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by bballr4567
The reason it looks like crap is because that is a Camaro bumper. Are you going to use it in the process too?

Truthfully, I just think that a Firebird has WAY too much going on in the back to begin with. You have the HUGE tail lights, the reverse lights that stick out, the filler panel, the license plate and then the huge wing.

OH BTW I didnt choose the hood. Was on the car when I got it. I prefer the Superhawk or WS9 hood way more. Just not dropping the almost $1500 it would take to get it changed. It looks damn good with any hood on it.

Also the small button next to the quote button is your friend. Hit it with every post you want to quote then hit the post reply button. Every post is then quoted and no need for quadposting.
I dont plan on using the camaro bumper to make this if I do it. However the basic shape between the firebird and camaro are about the same in terms of roundness. I would prob take the sniper rear bumper and modify it with fiberglass to create my design. I would delete the PONTIAC from the bumper aswell. The camaro has just as much going on back there as the firebird. Im not trying to convince anyone to like it, I just dont see a reason to dog it just because its different. We need to be different to some point or there will be millions of the same car around.
Old 08-31-2008, 08:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dude, Im not ******* you at all. People are ******* it because it just looks WAY different and odd ball. If you do this more power to you!

Its great ya want to try this but I think itll be a weird result. The Camaro has more of a bumper then a Firebird which kind of has a roll going on. The Camaro has a shelf and the bird is just kind of faded under the car in my mind.

The Camaro has WAY less going on back there. Its got the license plate and that is it. No filler panel. No out of place reverse lights. No honkin, huge tail lights.
Old 08-31-2008, 09:09 PM
11 Second Club

Well this turned into an argument thread..

I think the one I did looks alright,

But thats all I can say. The photoshop looks alright. It was late at night for me, I think 4AM or so, so I was bored.

Obviously its WAY too much effort to rip off a camaro bumper and attempt to put it on a Trans Am. So I did it purely out of boredom.

But I think it's unnecessary to say "FAIL" and put a puking smiley. If you really want to comment, post some constructive criticism.
Old 08-31-2008, 09:22 PM
TECH Resident

thank you. I dont want to argue in the thread but I dont think its very mature to put fail or a puking smiley just because you dont like it.

I also erased the pontiac in the bumper because I never liked that and the WS6 because I dont have one so I wanted to see what its like without emblems.

Also I think this same effect can be created with the aftermarket bumper. So you wouldnt have to fuse the two bumpers together.

Quick Reply: Firebird Cme?