Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

tell me what you think of my ride

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 02:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks guys, my bro is also on here, his user name is 83ta02 or something like that if you want to see some picks of his car, i think it looks truely amazing..
Old 09-01-2008, 02:34 PM
Banned Village Idiot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sweet looking SS
Old 09-01-2008, 02:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks man, those lights look wicked in your sig pic, what lights are you running?
Old 09-01-2008, 02:38 PM
Banned Village Idiot

Originally Posted by redbadss
thanks man, those lights look wicked in your sig pic, what lights are you running?
my buddy gave them for me for my b-day and he picked out that color... they are HID's i think 6000K they are bright as ****!!!
Old 09-01-2008, 03:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

haha yea i bet they're bright.. and sounds like you got a good buddy there..
Old 09-01-2008, 05:37 PM
TECH Resident

I knew that it was a clone when I first looked at it. I gave it the benefit of the doubt with the wheels, but the emblems were the dead give away for me. I'm a sucker for red Camaros, but your wheel choice is a major bummer for me. When I see those wheels, I think they belong on a Mustang. I will say the car looks pretty clean though.
Old 09-01-2008, 05:40 PM
Launching!

Lower it. Chrome always looks better then anything else.
Old 09-01-2008, 07:20 PM
On The Tree

To many people to caught up in the ss badge thing, I hate the look of the z28badge personally, SS looks so much cleaner. I loved the rims, look great in person.

Car looks great, oh wait, its not a real ss. Nevermind, looks like crap. How egotistical is that statement. You put the money in and hard work in, you can call it whatever you want. You see it on the street, no one would even know it wasn't an ss. Havent ran into anyone yet that didn't know. Its not like he goes around calling it an ss. Its 100x better than putting ss badges on a cobalt. Now thats an embarassment to chevrolet. Putting an ss badge on a camaro when you've upgraded the suspension, intake, exhaust, hood, spoiler and rims ( your normal ss upgrades ). I see no problem with it bud.

His dream car was an ss. 2 weeks before this car, we purchased an ss, a nbm that dynoed at 447 hp to the rear wheels. It had stage 2 5.3 heads with an extremely radical cam. It was running in the 11's. Had 315's out back on some 7x11 zr1 rims. Car looked fantasic. I have pics if you dont believe it. The day we bought it and pulled it in the drive way, the x pipe, fell off. literally fell off. Then we changed oil, it was black. We took it back. Got out check back after paying the guy another 200 to except the car back because he had been trying to sell it forever. We payed 17,500 for it, in cash. We drove back home disappointed, especially Cory, aka redbadss.

2 weeks later, When he bought the z, it was for like 12000 dollars, an elderly couple had it. We had just got done looking at a used ss in tulsa that had more miles and most likely been abused for 19,000. It's not like he couldnt of got an ss. Money wasn't the problem, but how could you pass up a beautful z owned by old people who babied the heck out of it. Plus you have that extra 6 thousand to spend on mods. He's got 3-4 thousand dollars in it. Whats your basic ss package cost? 3 thousand and some change. Give me a break. I own a ws6, a true ws6, but i have no problem with someone with a regulat ta who gets a ram air hood and then puts the emblems on. Its just a performance package. Therse hardly any difference between a reg ta and a normal ta performance wise. I've drove both, they felt the same, same goes for ss and z28. You guys are upset about a symbol. a 2 letter symbol compared to a 3 letter symbol. Rediculous is what I call that.

The kid wanted an ss, he had one, it turned to crap, so he bought a babied z and turned it into one. Who cares what the books officialy say.

Last edited by 83TA02; 09-01-2008 at 07:34 PM.
Old 09-01-2008, 07:48 PM
On The Tree

The originally beautifull SS he used to have. The previous owner had some stuff done after the plate was already made.

Parked right behind my ta.

Attached Thumbnails tell me what you think of my ride-bluess1.jpg   tell me what you think of my ride-bluess2.jpg   tell me what you think of my ride-bluess3.jpg   tell me what you think of my ride-bluess4.jpg  
Old 09-01-2008, 08:03 PM
On The Tree

And what he ended up having to get. Not a bad trade bro. pics I took yesterday when he was outside changing the phr bar. Car's came along way. Money out of my pocket to haha. Can't wait to get my order in for a new 2010 zr1 camaro. You talk dad into getting that zr1 vette down in tulsa yet?

Attached Thumbnails tell me what you think of my ride-red1.jpg   tell me what you think of my ride-red2.jpg   tell me what you think of my ride-red3.jpg   tell me what you think of my ride-red4.jpg   tell me what you think of my ride-red5.jpg  

Old 09-01-2008, 08:19 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by shock6906
Looks good, though it's like any dozens of other red SS's out there with a black manta stripe and black wheels.
Some of us don't live on a web forum. I've never seen a red ss with manta stripe with black ttm rims in person. I go to the local drag strip in Tulsa/Owasso about every week. It's Oklahoma. Not Dallas or Los Angelas.

Originally Posted by phantomzer0
Not a problem! Great looking car however you slice the cake!
Now thats how you support a fellow camaro owner

Originally Posted by sleepinghawk
Nice looking SS Like the silver transam too
Appreciate it haha. Great looking hawk.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:26 PM
TECH Resident

hey wheres the berger panel??
Old 09-01-2008, 09:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

not sure if i'm going to do that or not, i might do it if i can get my hands on another panel, i don't want to do it do the stock one in case i don't like the look on the car.. i love the quote foreverzero, its not the tires screaming it's the asphault... haven't thought of that one.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:40 PM
TECH Resident

ha ha, thanks, i am actually looking for a second ls1, its funny i wanted a red one, Z28 and I wanted it painted just like yours, except for a berger panel and retro Z/28 badges.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

haha thanks man, i love all the colors on f-bodys man. but black is untouchable when its clean and your cars looks superb.. it looks like you got the side moldings still on in your sig? have you taken them off yet? i think it really makes the car look sleeker with them removed..
Old 09-01-2008, 10:41 PM
TECH Resident

I like them on my car for some reason, I dont think I'm going to take them off. I have added the whistler mod since I took that pic. Have you thought about it? Just one recommendation, dont try to wet sand your headlights unless they absolutly need it
Old 09-01-2008, 10:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yea i have thought about it, i'm really trying not to overdo it on the black, i have thought about blacking out the taillights tho cause i don't have very much going on back there, i do need some new headlights though now that i think about it, so i might try it out when the time comes. thanks man
Old 09-02-2008, 03:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 83TA02
. You put the money in and hard work in, you can call it whatever you want. You see it on the street, no one would even know it wasn't an ss. Havent ran into anyone yet that didn't know. Its not like he goes around calling it an ss. Its 100x better than putting ss badges on a cobalt. Now thats an embarassment to chevrolet. Putting an ss badge on a camaro when you've upgraded the suspension, intake, exhaust, hood, spoiler and rims ( your normal ss upgrades ). I see no problem with it bud.

chill out guy, I think most everyone here has said that it looks great but you can tell its not an SS....and if you say that no one would even know that it wasnt an ss or that you have ran into anyone then your in denial....you can most definitely tell its not an SS.....its VERY obvious...just cause you havent met anyone yet doesnt mean they haven noticed it...maybe you havent talked to them..there are several here that have already said its obviously not a true SS....including myself....its no big deal to be honest with you..I think folks were just trying to clarify if it was real or not...there are several differences in a genuine SS and this car..either way I think its a beautiful car...but just cause you put money and time into car doesnt give you the right to call it whatever you want...I can scribble some stick figures on a paper and slap some paint on there but I cant call it a Van Gogh or a Monet, Agreed??? You dont want your mechanic saying he is a doctor cause he watches HOUSE...You get my point...

as for the clone thing your on a performance site where folks care about quality and genuine performance cars...not a whole lot of folks on here care about a cloned car....its just the nature of the beast....thats all...its nothing to get upset about...I dont like the idea of a cloned car myself but to each his own..a quick temper on this site will get you no where..folks are just stating their opinions...I dont think anyone really was being disrespectful...just stating that they didnt agree with the idea of a clone..hopefully you understand where some folks were coming from
Old 09-02-2008, 01:23 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 3pnt4maro
chill out guy, I think most everyone here has said that it looks great but you can tell its not an SS....and if you say that no one would even know that it wasnt an ss or that you have ran into anyone then your in denial....you can most definitely tell its not an SS.....its VERY obvious...just cause you havent met anyone yet doesnt mean they haven noticed it...maybe you havent talked to them..there are several here that have already said its obviously not a true SS....including myself....its no big deal to be honest with you..I think folks were just trying to clarify if it was real or not...there are several differences in a genuine SS and this car..either way I think its a beautiful car...but just cause you put money and time into car doesnt give you the right to call it whatever you want...I can scribble some stick figures on a paper and slap some paint on there but I cant call it a Van Gogh or a Monet, Agreed??? You dont want your mechanic saying he is a doctor cause he watches HOUSE...You get my point...

as for the clone thing your on a performance site where folks care about quality and genuine performance cars...not a whole lot of folks on here care about a cloned car....its just the nature of the beast....thats all...its nothing to get upset about...I dont like the idea of a cloned car myself but to each his own..a quick temper on this site will get you no where..folks are just stating their opinions...I dont think anyone really was being disrespectful...just stating that they didnt agree with the idea of a clone..hopefully you understand where some folks were coming from
Had he not posted pictures of the car with the z28 wheels and the hood. Very Few would have a clue. We've went to dealers looking at cars, car shows, auto shops. The first thing everyone says is, nice ss. So I'm going to have to say I disagree with you on that point.

My argument isn't with any one guy. It was just defending a man who put alot of money and time in his car to make it what he wanted it to.

Have a good day.
Old 09-02-2008, 01:25 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by redbadss
yea i have thought about it, i'm really trying not to overdo it on the black, i have thought about blacking out the taillights tho cause i don't have very much going on back there, i do need some new headlights though now that i think about it, so i might try it out when the time comes. thanks man
No blackouts on the back Cor. You only need one new headlight. We'll get that 2000-2500 grit paper this week.

Quick Reply: tell me what you think of my ride