Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

98 Arctic White WS6 TA Photoshoot

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 09:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice picuters, and very nice engine bay. I am one who knows how difficult, or near impossible to keep a white engine bay that clean. Very nice work.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Very nice pics and absolutely gorgeous car! The engine bay is perfect.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:58 AM
bsf
TECH Resident

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks for the compliments everyone. Sorry I do not have good, wider view pics of the engine bay. There are old pics of my engine bay in the “best engine bay pics” thread. The only change I have made was the addition of the JAAM kit, which in addition to providing a cold air intake also cleans up the area in front of the lower airbox. I use a free PhotoBucket account, so the pics do not get any bigger than this. Except for the tips, the exterior is stock, so I realize the car is no big deal. I think the photographer made nice shot selections though, and he deserves the credit.

SS1875, I used a combination of chrome-plated hole plugs and button head bolts to plug the holes. I have cable straps attached to some of the bolts in the inner wheel well to secure my wire harness and hood latch cable.

13lu91rS, Parbreak painted the frc’s and lid. He did a fantastic job, but I would not go the same route again. After painting a bunch of engine bay stuff myself, I realize I could have saved a bunch of money and achieved comparable results. Also, white “paint” was a poor choice for the frc’s. They have yellowed a bit, but they still look good. If you are going white, I would suggest using one of our sponsors who are doing some amazing powdercoating on plastic.
Old 09-01-2008, 08:23 PM
bsf
TECH Resident

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Updated the OP w/ bigger pics, and some additional of the engine bay.
Old 09-01-2008, 08:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Your car looks great and that engine bay is amazing

Quick Reply: 98 Arctic White WS6 TA Photoshoot