Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

6litereater Designs Projects, Suggestions, and Feedback Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 05:53 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by shtnfrds

see how the roof comes up from the window seal really smooth? and the center isnt a sharp edge as it looks in the current design your working with. I dont however think that this exact body line would look correct on an f-body, but the basic design i think is the direction I personally would steer towards if i were to purchase one.
Ehh... looks no different than an exaggerated shape of t-tops without the center bracket. I want something that will update the look of our cars.

Thanks though!
Old 09-21-2008, 05:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm surprised at you shtnfords....would it not be ''ricey'' to do this mod? I mean, chrome z28 emblems were ricey in your opinion right =)

Last edited by SVT THIS; 09-21-2008 at 05:59 PM. Reason: ..
Old 09-21-2008, 06:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
Ehh... looks no different than an exaggerated shape of t-tops without the center bracket. I want something that will update the look of our cars.

Thanks though!
you might consider molding a new sail panel to match the lines of the targa then, i think the fact that the targa top doesnt flow with the uhh, "flatness"??, of the sail panel is where pepole are going to be inclined not to go with it. either that or possibly flaten out the lines towards the rear of the top.
Old 09-21-2008, 06:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by shtnfrds
you might consider molding a new sail panel to match the lines of the targa then, i think the fact that the targa top doesnt flow with the uhh, "flatness"??, of the sail panel is where pepole are going to be inclined not to go with it. either that or possibly flaten out the lines towards the rear of the top.
Please read the thread...
Old 09-21-2008, 06:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SVT THIS
I'm surprised at you shtnfords....would it not be ''ricey'' to do this mod? I mean, chrome z28 emblems were ricey in your opinion right =)

i wouldnt really consider it to be ricey if done the way i can picture it in my head. i'm not very good at putting my ideas to paper, never have been. Probably couldn't draw a circle with a compss, The viper is a little dramatic for what i was thinking, But something "along" that route would be ok. I think. I just thought of the way it has the smoothness to it without being so flat. which is what 6LE was saying he didnt like about the hardtops earlier.

I guess more of a mixture of the flat hard top of the camaro mixed with the "bulge" of the viper would come closer to describing what i see in my head.

EDIT:
Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
Opps, must have skiped over a page or something.
Old 09-21-2008, 06:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

still have some work to do. how are you going to make it stay on there. like you might have to make two molds, one for the top, and the other for the bottom
Old 09-21-2008, 06:15 PM
TECH Junkie

if u can get it to work with the factory t-top latches, id be down. should be fairly easy since the latches esentially glue to the glass. i don't really like how my t-tops look, so id love to be able to make it look like a hardtop but still be able to take off the top. would this fit on top of the back seat in case i still wanted to take it off?
Old 09-21-2008, 06:24 PM
TECH Addict

i think it looks good but the lines could be smoothed out more or... you could go the extra mile and make a new sail panel to flow with the curves.
Old 09-21-2008, 06:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by my bandit
i think it looks good but the lines could be smoothed out more or... you could go the extra mile and make a new sail panel to flow with the curves.
Old 09-21-2008, 06:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Phoenix 5.7
if u can get it to work with the factory t-top latches, id be down. should be fairly easy since the latches esentially glue to the glass. i don't really like how my t-tops look, so id love to be able to make it look like a hardtop but still be able to take off the top. would this fit on top of the back seat in case i still wanted to take it off?
That's the plan...
Old 09-21-2008, 06:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 846 Likes on 647 Posts

Make sure the center indention matches up with the indentions on a Ram Air hood. Otherwise it might look funky on TA's.
Old 09-21-2008, 06:44 PM
Banned

It'll be dead center...
Old 09-21-2008, 07:23 PM
TECH Resident

Hey 6LE: Do you think this could possibly solve leaky ttops? Would water still be able to get into the water channels of the ttops?
Old 09-21-2008, 08:07 PM
Dex
TECH Regular

Thats pretty cool cant wait for it to come out.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

dosnt look all that good with the center thingy, looks like someone pushed their thumb on your forehead. that design may work on the newer cars since their lines are more sharp and edgy, but for 4th gens it's all about the curves.

kinda like a chick with nice tit's and *** real nice bottle coke body with a body builders jaw line..... just dosnt flow with each other.

but that's just my opinion.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Man, rear seat delete isn't going to work for me, I'm building a sub box back there >.<.

I guess I'll build a custom one attached to the box and over the axle.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by x2jesse1x
Hey 6LE: Do you think this could possibly solve leaky ttops? Would water still be able to get into the water channels of the ttops?
I doubt it. It will use factory T-Top weatherstripping...
Old 09-21-2008, 08:55 PM
12 Second Club

it looks fkn perfect the way it is ...my questions are..

how does it perform under flex? high wind? hard rain? if you dont have SFC and get on it..will it pop loose? * my t tops have done that numerous times* how is it stability wise? just some concerns i have before getting one...also hows about a custom mounting bracket that lays over the gas tank? just an idea.. and thanks for going out and doing something new and fresh and bad *** for our cars!!!
Old 09-21-2008, 09:00 PM
11 Second Club

Holy crap you guys need to READ! Damn!

ATTENTION! THIS WILL USE FACTORY T-TOP LATCHES AND THE T-BAR WILL REMAIN INTACT!

Unfortunately making a modified sail panel is most likely going to be difficult to pull off.. (Not that i'm creating this, but) It's a PITA to get the old one off, you have to destroy it to remove it. It'd probably just be too much work to do all of that. It looks fine now, wait til' the finished product, i'm sure it'll look killer.
Old 09-21-2008, 09:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fast377
I like it. You said that the lines were exaggerated some for mold purposes though right? As it sits, I think the lines are a little too noticeable. Especially since the sail panel doesn't have the complimenting lines like the Z06.
Exactly what I was thinking.

Quick Reply: 6litereater Designs Projects, Suggestions, and Feedback Thread