Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

I got bricked!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 09:44 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man, that completely sucks. My rear bumper got attacked by a rabid bush the other day. Haven't had time to fix it yet.
Old 09-25-2008, 03:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah those bushes can be sneaky sometimes. They just stalk their prey.

Yeah I got an estimate for $225 for CETA. Haven't looked anywhere else though.
Old 09-25-2008, 03:20 PM
TECH Resident

sucks to hear...

where do you live in lincoln? do the CETA yourself, also
Old 09-25-2008, 03:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm pissed for you man! I had someone key my passenger side door and someone SHOT my car and I still have the damn bullet too.
Old 09-25-2008, 04:19 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SSmokin99
I'm pissed for you man! I had someone key my passenger side door and someone SHOT my car and I still have the damn bullet too.
It will buff out..............JK. That ******* sucks *** dude. You call the cops and attempt to match bullet to gun? Did it go through the window, or actual body pannel, and do damage inside the car?
Old 09-25-2008, 07:02 PM
TECH Addict

That suxs man.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by AznMuscle
It will buff out..............JK. That ******* sucks *** dude. You call the cops and attempt to match bullet to gun? Did it go through the window, or actual body pannel, and do damage inside the car?
Yes, when I called the cop he tried to say it wasn't a bullet hole and that someone probably threw a rock at it and I told him "NO, its a perfect hole AND I heard the gun shot because I was in my room!" It hit the CAMARO panel and it dented the metal pretty bad, but it didn't go in the car. When I found the bullet the next day after I took the panel off I called the cops again to let his dumbass know it really was a bullet and not a "rock"...
Old 09-25-2008, 10:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah that sucks too.

I have no paint experience so there is no way I would be able to do the CETA myself. I got the estimates seperate but there is a small stress crack in the surround of the CETA area that you can hardly see. Is there anyway the insurance company would think it was part of it? Say that when I looked in the morning when it was light I noticed that and it would have to be repaired too? Or am I SOL on that one? lol
Old 09-26-2008, 09:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

That blows.. Hope you get it fixed and they catch the *** hole that threw it!

- Mike
Old 09-26-2008, 09:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have a pager alarm myself, for both my R1 and my Car. Someone was trying to steal my Bike out of my garage one night. They must have been thinking they were going to push it through the door. Because the garage doors were still down. So I called the cops, grabbed my M4, and breached that ******* garage like Osama Bin Laden himself was in my garage. ******* kid about wet himself, started crying and ****. I made him get on his knee's with his fingers interlocked behind his head until the cops showed up. (10 ******* Min Later) 18 year old kid, had broken my lock, and ignition. Got 12 months in jail and had to pay restitution for the damages to my bike. I still have not seen any money, I dont **** around when it comes to my stuff. I worked to god damn hard to have some punk *** ******* kid ruin it for me. Sorry to hear about your luck man, I hate to say it but you almost have to be border line paranoid about your vehicles these days just to keep someone from ******* with it.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:21 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ninjai_ruken
I have a pager alarm myself, for both my R1 and my Car. Someone was trying to steal my Bike out of my garage one night. They must have been thinking they were going to push it through the door. Because the garage doors were still down. So I called the cops, grabbed my M4, and breached that ******* garage like Osama Bin Laden himself was in my garage. ******* kid about wet himself, started crying and ****. I made him get on his knee's with his fingers interlocked behind his head until the cops showed up. (10 ******* Min Later) 18 year old kid, had broken my lock, and ignition. Got 12 months in jail and had to pay restitution for the damages to my bike. I still have not seen any money, I dont **** around when it comes to my stuff. I worked to god damn hard to have some punk *** ******* kid ruin it for me. Sorry to hear about your luck man, I hate to say it but you almost have to be border line paranoid about your vehicles these days just to keep someone from ******* with it.
That is some bad **** right there. I thought it was illegal to hold someone at gun point, even if you are waiting for the cops? Some guy here in Az is getting sued by illegals for the same thing (not sure what happened with it....it was a while ago, don't know if it was settled or not).
Old 09-26-2008, 11:22 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SSmokin99
Yes, when I called the cop he tried to say it wasn't a bullet hole and that someone probably threw a rock at it and I told him "NO, its a perfect hole AND I heard the gun shot because I was in my room!" It hit the CAMARO panel and it dented the metal pretty bad, but it didn't go in the car. When I found the bullet the next day after I took the panel off I called the cops again to let his dumbass know it really was a bullet and not a "rock"...

So very light caliber? Like, .22 or something? How would a bullet not pentrate the sheet metal? Even a .22 would do that, wouldn't it?
Old 09-26-2008, 12:59 PM
TECH Resident

so where in lincoln was this?
Old 09-26-2008, 02:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

58th and Walker. By Whitehall campus very near Nebraska Wesleyan.
Old 09-26-2008, 08:39 PM
TECH Resident

ah, gotcha...

im at 40th and old cheney-ish
Old 09-26-2008, 08:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Can you do the CETA mod? lol
Old 09-26-2008, 09:25 PM
TECH Junkie

why did your tint get messed up?
Old 09-27-2008, 08:14 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SLPGTP
Can you do the CETA mod? lol
haha, i did do my berger panel, and it turned out pretty damn decent

honestly, if you just take your time, maybe wetsand it a bit and do 4 or 5 light coats, it should turn out really well
Old 09-28-2008, 08:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

The tint didn't get messed up but they have to replace the whole entire driver's side window so they have to tint the new window.

So are you sure if I swing over to 40th and Old Cheney you wouldn't want todo a little paint on a nice little white car? haha
Old 09-28-2008, 09:05 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Spd-Kilz
Stake out!
yes, exactly what i would do. if some one ever did that to my car. i would purposely park it there again, get out, and then go sit somewhere with my eyes on the car. have a wrench or bat in my hand and wait for them to come again.