Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

I got bricked!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 06:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I got bricked!!!

So I come home Monday night from class at 11:30 pm and park behind my T/A. Now see, on Saturday I get a garage at my girlfriend's apartment complex so that is part of my anger... Anyways, I come back and see a brick next to the car. I get out expecting the worst. I find that someone had thrown a normal sized red brick at the driver's side window. They must have been pretty much the panziest person ever because they didn't break it. There are a bunch of deep scratches on the window and the brick hit the door on the way down taking a dime sized chunk of paint off. Going to need a new window and get that tinted again (tint is two months old mind you). I'll get pictures of this tomorrow. Called the PD and they came out and looked. The car has gotten egged twice in the same area and I have no where else to put it. Nothing's happened to it in a while and nothing happens to my roommate's GP or the other's Kia. But the ultimate question is how much a tool do you have to be to sit around and be like, "What do you wanna do tonight?" "Well you wanna go throw bricks at the nice cars?"

So while it's in the body shop I'm gonna see what they estimate the CETA mod at. For those that have it, how much have people payed to have this done?
Old 09-24-2008, 07:19 PM
12 Second Club

I would of had to kill someone if they threw a brick at my car.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

So wait, am I reading it right that your car is getting egged/bricked while parked in the GARAGE?
Is it one of those multi car garages that have like half a dozen other cars in them? Is it closed to the outside world only open to those who have an opener/key?
Old 09-24-2008, 07:52 PM
TECH Junkie

damn that sucks dude
Old 09-24-2008, 09:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

that just pisses me off, id be rip s***

good excuse to get that ceta mod done tho!
Old 09-24-2008, 09:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

No it was on the street. Just pissed me off that this happened 5 days before I DO get a garage.

Oh trust me... I was so pissed!!!!!! I'm tempted to leave the car out and put a camera inside and turn it on when it gets dark. lol That's just fricken stupid. I'm guessing that there's nothing that the police can do because there are no leads. Just makes me heated even thinking about it. Kinda ridiculous. I never once had that crap cross my mind when I was in high school.

Anyone know around what they paid for the CETA mod so I have something to go by knowing if their estimate is too high or not?
Old 09-24-2008, 09:46 PM
Staging Lane

I would sleep in the back seat and wait. Put a pager alarm in it.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:22 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That ******* sucks dude, I'd stake out and kill the dude
Old 09-24-2008, 10:28 PM
TECH Resident

wow that sucks, hopefully things work out for the best.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:32 PM
10 Second Club

Damn that sucks, the paint chip especially
Old 09-24-2008, 10:35 PM
TECH Addict

he would be dead if i ever caught him. we had a minivan come into work that got bricked and caused over 10,000 in damage.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:36 PM
TECH Regular

That sucks, beat the ***** up!
Old 09-24-2008, 10:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Stake out!
Old 09-24-2008, 11:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

sorry but you pissed somebody off. i doubt a random act would keep finding the same car to vandalize.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:17 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
sorry but you pissed somebody off. i doubt a random act would keep finding the same car to vandalize.
Either that or theres some little punks in the neighborhood that get their jollies off only messing with nicer cars.

You don't always have to make someone made for multiple things to happen to your car. Just living in the wrong area with the wrong neighbors can be the cause sometimes.

Think about it this way, if you were some punk kid would you rather brag to your buddys about ****** up a geo metro & stealing something out of it or a nice *** F-body?? Thats how they look at it, there is more for them to gain in their little inner circles from messing up a nice car than a turd no one cares about to begin with.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

Don't know who I would have pissed off. I've been graduated from college for a year and just work at a group home and go to grad school in another city. When I'm not at school or working, I'm at the gym or with the girlfriend. The police said that they probably keep hitting it since they know they've gotten away with hitting the same nice car before. In the same 4-5 blocks of neighborhood two years ago someone drove around shooting out windows with a BB gun. So people are just that stupid. But like you always here, 90% of crimes are committed by people you know, so who knows if I inadvertently pissed someone off that I don't know or what.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

Either that or theres some little punks in the neighborhood that get their jollies off only messing with nicer cars.

You don't always have to make someone made for multiple things to happen to your car. Just living in the wrong area with the wrong neighbors can be the cause sometimes.

Think about it this way, if you were some punk kid would you rather brag to your buddys about ****** up a geo metro & stealing something out of it or a nice *** F-body?? Thats how they look at it, there is more for them to gain in their little inner circles from messing up a nice car than a turd no one cares about to begin with.
Yeah I think part of my problem is that I am the last house, on the corner, before a culdisac (however you spell that.... CIRCLE DRIVE) where there is a group home for adolescent sex offenders. I know they don't do anything bad over there because they are awake staffed 24 hours. But if someone's looking for something to hit, my car is the lats one on the street before you have to turn. Unless someone got mad the street ended and they had to use the circle drive. lol But I dunno. I agree that people are just plain stupid. That's what I'm leaning towards rather than me making someone mad. It's entirely possible I did, but like I said, I don't do much these days to have that opportunity unless someone gets offended that I'm stronger than them at the gym! haha So I'll get an estimate today and see how this goes. I sure hope it's not $10k! But we'll see!
Old 09-25-2008, 07:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Damn, that sucks. I hope you find out who did this, and give them an *** whoopin.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I got an esitmate of $200 to paint my front bumper, so it should be less then that to do CETA
Old 09-25-2008, 09:41 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Whats the deductible for your insurance? I would have them skillfully "figure in" the CETA into the insurance estimate.

Oh, hey look what I just saw....the brick bounched up and hit your rear bumper too! Damn now you have to have that painted too!