Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

98-02 SS Emblems, where to get them?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 01:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98-02 SS Emblems, where to get them?

What color SS emblems came on the NBM SS camaros? I've seen red which I don't think looks right and a white or silver emblem. Also where can I purchase a complete set of these? I'm making my Z-28 a Tom Henry SS, I just happen to love that car and I think my NBM Z would look great that way. I'm keeping the car forever if your wondering why I'm making my Z-28 an SS. I don't really care if its a real one or not, resale value isn't a concern. Thanks
Old 10-10-2008, 01:37 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

should be black w/silver outline.. here's mine:
Attached Thumbnails 98-02 SS Emblems, where to get them?-rimss2.jpg  
Old 10-10-2008, 02:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Allright, thanks for helping me out on that. I just called and ordered them from the dealership. $40.00 a piece, wow, I wasn't expecting that. Although I've spent nearly two Grand today just to make my car an SS so I can see why people say just buy an SS. It'll look great though I think.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:16 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

no problem man, can't wait to see the progress...
Old 10-10-2008, 03:06 PM
TECH Resident

why not just keep the Z28 logos? You can make the car look like an SS but why trick people into thinking it is an SS. Sorry, I had to ask.
Old 10-10-2008, 05:03 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by vjo90rs8
why not just keep the Z28 logos? You can make the car look like an SS but why trick people into thinking it is an SS. Sorry, I had to ask.
VERY! GOOD! QUESTION!... I am waiting to hear this answer....
Old 10-11-2008, 03:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Whats the difference? An SS is just a Z-28 with a few cosmetic add on's plus this is MY car so that's why I'm doing it. I looked all over for a Mint, low miles, fully loaded M6 SS locally before I bought my Z-28 and could not find one so I decided to just make mine one. If someone asks I'll tell them its just a Z-28 but I like the look of an SS, also I think a Z-28 with the Z emblems and SS hood just looks gay. Just because you own an actual SS and think it's the best thing out there doesn't make a difference to me. It's my car and I'm not going to sell it. The only difference between mine and yours is a number and sheet of paper which makes absolutely no difference unless you sell the car.
Old 10-11-2008, 05:33 AM
TECH Resident

Well... and the price paid is different... but hey if you wanna be a fake have at it... but I bet my bottom dollar you will say its an SS maybe even when you sell it you might call it an SS.... just saying... be proud of what you could afford or what you bought...
Old 10-11-2008, 06:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SSquid
Well... and the price paid is different... but hey if you wanna be a fake have at it... but I bet my bottom dollar you will say its an SS maybe even when you sell it you might call it an SS.... just saying... be proud of what you could afford or what you bought...

I understand what your saying completely. I won't be selling the car because it's paid for and is my dream car. I'm an honest person so I won't say it's a real SS when it isn't. This is what I'm trying to do, basically I saw a NBM Tom Henry SS camaro and fell in love with it. So I decided to make mine look similar, just for myself. Price wasn't the issue when I bought the car, they seem to be similar in price from what I've seen. The issue was finding a low mile, one owner, stock hurst equipped M6 camaro in the Navy Blue Metallic that was well taken care of. I found this car, a 56 year old retired guy owned it who only drove the car a couple times a year. Also the Sunoco hood is nice but it's not the style I'm looking for so I'm doing my car how I would have ordered one new with a few additions. And I don't consider this being a fake either. How many people take 67-69 camaro's and make them into SS or Z-28's when they aren't? Plenty! Most old muscle cars are customized into what the owner wants, just as I'm doing the same to mine.
Old 10-11-2008, 08:07 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you should have checked out third_shift studios on here they are a kick *** sponsor and could do some custom stuff how YOU want it done..just an idea..and i get crap for my formula too..i added 02 speedlines, and a superhawk hood..i get bagged on for being an imitation up until they cant catch me in thier * firehawk/WS6/ SS *
Old 10-11-2008, 11:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Black FormulaLs1
you should have checked out third_shift studios on here they are a kick *** sponsor and could do some custom stuff how YOU want it done..just an idea..and i get crap for my formula too..i added 02 speedlines, and a superhawk hood..i get bagged on for being an imitation up until they cant catch me in thier * firehawk/WS6/ SS *

Ah hell I didn't even think about that. Yeah man the way I see it is if it's your car then you can do whatever the hell you want to it. Your car looks sweet with that hood on it btw. I just think the stock SS, WS6 and Firehawk hoods are the best looking one's out there. And your absolutely right, they can worry about having an authentic SS but if they can't catch my car on the interstate or at the strip then whats the difference.

Quick Reply: 98-02 SS Emblems, where to get them?