Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My car feels like its choking!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2003, 04:47 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My car feels like its choking!

I have an LT1 93 formula, it's auto in case u didn't already assume so. Anyway the problem is when im taking off and i take off with some gas there is a big knock on the bottom of my car, i think the transmission is hitting the bottom. When i take off slow, there is no problem with that. Also after taking off in 1st if i give it more gas and try to go above around 3 - 4000 rpms then i feel the knocks still but faster and not as big of knocks ( sorry if this soudns confusing, im confused my self) This is not the only problem, while im driving at medium speeds just cruisin, sometimes my car feels like it is choking, ill be on the gas and it will just stop, and feel dead, then it comes back to life...It almost feels as if the engine turns off...im thinkin fuel injectors?? please help im just a confused 16 year old with a formula!!
Old 09-24-2003, 06:29 AM
On The Tree

Default Re: My car feels like its choking!

toNe21,

As far as the car feeling 'dead', put a fuel pressure gauge on it. At an idle, with the vaccum line disconnected from the fuel pressure regulator, it should read about 45 psi. If it is lower or fluxuwaiting then you might have a bad fuel pump or the fuel filter is stopping up.

The knocking, I would look at the trans mount first to see what kind of condition it is in. Also, check the engine mounts to see if one is broke.

Kevin Steele
TCI
Product Engineer

Old 09-24-2003, 06:57 AM
Doc
FormerVendor

Default Re: My car feels like its choking!

I have to agree with Kevin on the trans or motor or both mounts. Your computer could be sensing the banging around down there and adding Knock Retard-bogging down or killing sensation you mentioned. Get the thing on a lift or jackstands and inspect the mounts as a buddy applies throttle.

Quick Reply: My car feels like its choking!