Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So I went to drive my car for the first time in 2 months and...

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 01:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default So I went to drive my car for the first time in 2 months and...

The SES light comes on. The damn thing is throwing P0753 (1-2 Shift Solenoid Circuit Electrical) and P0758 (Shift Solenoid B Electrical/ 2-3 Shift Solenoid Circuit Electrical). It won't shift gears at all. It's also throwing P0463 (Fuel Level Sensor Circuit High Voltage) and my gas gauge doesn't work.
I have two solenoids from a spare transmission that I can swap in to see if that fixes it. However I'm kind of thinking it is something electrical since they both happened at the same time and I've never had any problems with it up to now.
I had the pcm disconnected while I was cleaning the engine bay last week. Is it possible some dirt could have got in the connectors and be causing this? I'm gonna be working on it all day tomorrow so does anybody have any ideas on things I should be checking out so I can get this fixed? The trans is stock BTW.
Thanks.
Old 12-14-2008, 03:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive had this problem in the past, first thing you want to do is trace the harness from those solenoids all the way to the pcm. Alot of times its not even the solenoid that goes bad, but something in the harness gets snagged and then you cant shift out of 1st.
Old 12-14-2008, 05:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

I was throwing those codes when the computer was sensing the loose converter..had them tuned out.
Old 12-14-2008, 06:40 AM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Sounds like an electrical issue, maybe a ground.

You are doing better than I was, I took mine out after being down for a month, and blew the Tranny I had up..lol
Old 12-14-2008, 01:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

I disconnected the PCM and made sure everything was clean and that the seals were on right. Then I torqued it down to the proper specs and took it for a test drive. So far so good no SES lights and everything seems normal. I'm thinking it wasn't torqued down enough since I tightened it with a ratchet the first time instead of the torque wrench. Hopefully this takes care of it. Thanks for the help guys!