Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got me VIG 3600 today!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 10:12 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got me VIG 3600 today!!

Thanks to Tiger2o69 and his fast shipping/good deal!!!! I cant wait to install!

From what i understand this is one of the best mods you can do on an automatic. I will be installing it on sunday with one of my buddies. Anyone got any driving tips? What should i expect?

I will be going from a stock stall to vig 3600 with fresh rebuilt rear with 3.42 gears and new cheap tires. I am more excited about this than my h/c in 2 months. lol

I have a ported TB and will be recieving the LS6 intake, Line lock, Tranny cooler, y- pipe and OBX Headers in a week or two depending on the speed of shipping. and will be installing them upon arrival. What gains do you think ill be recieving of these mods with the vig? Am I really gonna notice a big difference or will that come with the H/C?
Old 12-19-2008, 10:22 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, before I got my converter, I was a little nervous about doing it. Wasn't sure it would help a lot.... but damn... Best, Mod, Ever.

(other than the nitrous )
Old 12-19-2008, 10:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

you should be very pleased with it. be careful going WOT as i have heard some stalls will hit the rev limiter before they get tuned. also, shifts should get softer as the stall will absorb most of it. you think you are stuck in mud a bit then you get used to it and dont know how you lived without it.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:58 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats exactly what I wanted to hear guys....to be honest im a little nervous about it...lol...its good to hear these comments. Only time will tell...if im nervous about this think of how im gonna be about the h/c! LMAO!

Is it normal to be so nervous about these mods or am i just a puss? lol
Old 12-19-2008, 11:04 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1BAD_LS1
Thanks to Tiger2o69 and his fast shipping/good deal!!!! I cant wait to install!

From what i understand this is one of the best mods you can do on an automatic. I will be installing it on sunday with one of my buddies. Anyone got any driving tips? What should i expect?

I will be going from a stock stall to vig 3600 with fresh rebuilt rear with 3.42 gears and new cheap tires. I am more excited about this than my h/c in 2 months. lol

I have a ported TB and will be recieving the LS6 intake, Line lock, Tranny cooler, y- pipe and OBX Headers in a week or two depending on the speed of shipping. and will be installing them upon arrival. What gains do you think ill be recieving of these mods with the vig? Am I really gonna notice a big difference or will that come with the H/C?
Be careful going WOT from a dig with street tires! I got my stall last month and i love it man. You ought to get some tires to hook it. A little suspension work won't hurt either.
Old 12-19-2008, 11:10 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you need any help installing it, definitely search these forums for advice.. or send me a private message or message on AIM and I'll help you through it.
Old 12-20-2008, 09:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DEFINITELY GONNA NEED A TUNE!! when installing a converter you will more than likely get codes P0757/P0751 and that will make yur car run like ****!! need to get those deleted.... i remember driving home when i finally got my cam/converter and halfway home those codes came on and it was not pretty.. thankfully vince @ FLT and performabuilt told me u just need them deleted.