Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

witch to choose

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 02:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default witch to choose

i have a 2002 camaro z28 with 86k miles and i want to upgrade the transmission and was wondering what brand would be the best for daily driving and preformance i also wanted to know if an upgrade to a 4l80e would be worth it im keeping it an automatic and im planning to swap in an ls3 soon and then full bolt ons after that within a year timeframe. thanks for all your help
Old 12-21-2008, 10:45 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I guess the first question is what kind of power do you plan on making with this combo? Obviously it sounds like you are planning on an over drive trans but we need a little bit more info to help you decide if you need an 80 or if a 60 will suit your needs. Feel free to give us a call to discuss your build. Vince
Old 12-21-2008, 11:20 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hmm

well ok im planning a full build but it needs to be a street driveable transmission with the ls3 i want to drop in im looking fully built probaly around 600 hp im not useing any nos i might turbo later on but thats a year are 2 away. im not 100% the setup i want but for now i want the ls3 with a fast 92mm intake a set of hooker headers into some straight pipes some heads and a big cam maybe from texas speed if they make it for the ls3 of course a race tune a yank ss3600 stall and of couse a moser 9 in rear end with 3.73 gears.