Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Truck 4L60E w/ Camaro wiring harness - compatible or not?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 02:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Truck 4L60E w/ Camaro wiring harness - compatible or not?

Will a Camaro wiring harness work with a truck tranny easily? I mean without repinning a bunch of connectors?

The truck tranny has that big ole honkin thing over the shift lever and the car trannies don't. Does the round Camaro plug still just go into the round truck tranny hole and that's it? I want all the goodies for the computer for the camaro wiring harness but can come up with my own reverse lockout and park / neutral switch.

In essence, I don't think I have anything to hook up to that harness so can I just remove it? I could use the space anyway.

Also, is there an easy way to activate the Tow/Haul mode with a momentary switch? I'm building a hybrid that I plan on towing my drag car with.

Thanks,

Roger
Old 01-22-2009, 02:25 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

The two round connector are the same unless you have a 2007 or newer with ISS. The switch on the side is the Park/neutral switch that lets the controller know what range you have selected. Tow/haul depends on what year you are working with from a controls perspective. some can be activated with just switch signal other are activated through messaging on the Class 2 or GM LAN lines.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:29 PM
On The Tree

So if I supply the computer the park / neutral info by some other means (like a shifter switch) I can lose that big ole' thing?

My computer is from a 2001 5.3 Silverado w/ a Camaro tune in it, the wiring harness is from a 2000 Camaro. The tranny is a 2001 from a Yukon.

Can I do the tow / haul switch?

Quick Reply: Truck 4L60E w/ Camaro wiring harness - compatible or not?