Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ever had problem with TC bolts? Striped! lots of grinding!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 02:23 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ever had problem with TC bolts? Striped! lots of grinding!!!

Well went to do my stll yesterday everything was going great! Then i got to the Torque Converter bolts... they were allen head bolts! so i had to wait till the next day and go buy one... so i go buy one then the damn bolts are TIGHT as hell! I got a 2' breaker bar on there and the ******* stripped out!!!! I had to spend 4.5 hours using a diegrinder to shave the bolt heads out!!!! Trying not to hit the flywheel i finally got the tranny out at 6am.... Out of all the trannys i have pulled I have never had a problem like this!

taking the day off need a break after that ****....

O ya who actually torques their intake??? I just went around and snugged them up good... lol

tomorrow the tranny goes back in, LT headers/catback, panhard bar, LCA's get installed.... then all i have lest is to install the cam (when it gets here)

Hopefully everything goes well!
Old 02-12-2009, 03:06 PM
11 Second Club

I know it's too late, but we worked on a lot of 4X4s and if the bolt did not come at the first hit, (and make sure the allen is dead straight), the heat wrench was mandatory. My original 02 SS with 17,xxx had to have heat to be removed when I went to modify it.
Old 02-12-2009, 03:14 PM
Restricted User

ya the torch was out of oxygen... Then after trying and trying im sure i eventually got crooked and stripped it out.... I was a bad day.... lol