Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help Setting Up SGI-5 C Speedo Cal. Box

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 11:43 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Help Setting Up SGI-5 C Speedo Cal. Box

I'm using it to run my stock 2002 Camaro speedo off a 4L80E controlled by a Compushift controller. It's working and I'm getting a reading on the speedo but it's off a bit.

Is there anyone out there that's got a tip on which combination of dip switch settings and which output to use for my application? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!
Old 03-29-2009, 02:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It looks like I figured it out!

Here are the wiring connections I am using:

-Switched 12v power and ground are connected to the SGI-5c accordingly.

-The speed sensor connector from the 4L80 is connected to the Compushift.

-The SGI-5c is spliced into the reproduced TOSS wire (purple/white) coming from the Compushift (This means the SGI-5c is between the PCM and the Compushift). The end of the purple white wire that comes from the Compushift is plugged into the signal input jack on the SGI-5c. The other end of the purple/white wire is plugged into terminal #3 of the SGI-5c.

That's it for wiring!

SGI-5c dip switch positions are as follows:

#1 is ON
#2 is OFF
#3 is OFF
#4 is OFF

Calibration:

With the set up listed above, the dash speedo read a little slow at speeds above 10 mph. All I did to correct it was use the "UP" button on the SGI-5c until it read correctly and matched the speed reported by the Compushift display.

Tip: I did the calibration with the rear wheels off the ground so that I didn't have to calibrate while driving down the road. Safer!

Just make sure the car is safely raised and supported by jack stands and that the front wheels are chalked. I also recommend loading the rear suspension while calibrating so as to avoid strange drive train angles while the wheels are spinning.

Last edited by ShevrolayZ28; 03-29-2009 at 02:51 PM.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:24 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

subscribed so I can check at home. Just bough 4l80 and have swaped it into my m6 gto

Quick Reply: Help Setting Up SGI-5 C Speedo Cal. Box