Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Still wondering why I hear about manual shifting of 4l60e?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 11:43 AM
11 Second Club

Received 288 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by performabuilt
Its a shift kit . Put your car in manual low and take off and leave it there floored do you hit the redline or does the shift happen anyway, If it happens anyway you do not have the HD2. Or alternatly cruise up to about 40 in D let off the throttle and pull all the way back to 1 if it goes to first with a very sudden jerk imediatley it has the HD2 and if instead it goes down to second then when slow enough goes to first you do not.
hmmm, that's odd. The 4L60E in my 2000 Camaro has never been apart, but will not shift if I put shifter in 1st gear manually. My 2002 truck will, but the car will rev to whatever rpm I am brave enough to rev it to and never shift if shifter isn't moved....My rev limiter is at 7200 and if I'm in burnout box or goofing off on the street, I'll hit the limiter if I am too slow on the manual shift to 2nd.

Could that be something I have changed in the tune, or no?
Old 04-06-2009, 01:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rel3rd
hmmm, that's odd. The 4L60E in my 2000 Camaro has never been apart, but will not shift if I put shifter in 1st gear manually. My 2002 truck will, but the car will rev to whatever rpm I am brave enough to rev it to and never shift if shifter isn't moved....My rev limiter is at 7200 and if I'm in burnout box or goofing off on the street, I'll hit the limiter if I am too slow on the manual shift to 2nd.

Could that be something I have changed in the tune, or no?
Had me wondering too, I can drop mine in 1st and will go into that gear no matter what speed I am in. I have done it an accident trying to get to second. I have a stocker as well, it wil also bounce off the rev limiter in first and any other gear I put it in. It will NOT shift out of the gear I manually put it in no matter what speed or rpm.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:11 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Its possible therer could be something in the tune, But I do know that minus a change in the 1-2 valve with a kit if the PCM makes the comand the trans will make the shift even in manual low.

Call 888-744-6542

Old 04-06-2009, 03:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My TBSS has a stock tune, and if its in 1... it stays in 1 and bangs the limiter, in 2 it shifts from 1 to 2. My other trucks would shift if they were in 1, and if you put it in 2 manually, it would start in 2 (nice for pulling a boat up a slick ramp)... It must be in the tuning.
Old 04-06-2009, 03:42 PM
11 Second Club

Received 288 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by 1BadAction
if you put it in 2 manually, it would start in 2 ... It must be in the tuning.
weird...both my car and my truck will do that also. Both tuned via HPTuners, mainly to firm up and raise WOT shifts, and to dial in WOT downshift points.

Quick Reply: Still wondering why I hear about manual shifting of 4l60e?