Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

torque convertor problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 04:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

okm guys thanks so much im gonna run by the local trannsmission shop(well not local about 30min away) monday and see if he has one laying around. im still not getting the 3 clicks everyone talks about but i know it is fuly seated on the shafts and around the ears. i have not felt any burrs anywhere and the the final click is more of a knock where you can tell surfaces are making flat face to face contact not llike something is just barely hitting.
Old 04-18-2009, 09:23 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would say dont just rely on the clicks. When I put my Circle D +4C in the first time I swear I only got 2. The last was a distinct "NOTCH" sound, the first felt like a very very very light bump. The second time I put it in I got the 3. The first two came quick and the last was again a big "NOTCH" sound. Each time I put it in though, I made my measurements to be sure. All converter installs should be measured.

THIS LINK has some good information about what the adequate measurements should be.
Old 04-18-2009, 09:59 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by firefighter5325
okm guys thanks so much im gonna run by the local trannsmission shop(well not local about 30min away) monday and see if he has one laying around. im still not getting the 3 clicks everyone talks about but i know it is fuly seated on the shafts and around the ears. i have not felt any burrs anywhere and the the final click is more of a knock where you can tell surfaces are making flat face to face contact not llike something is just barely hitting.
You might want to consider bringing him the old trans as well and just have him put the correct bell on the trans. You could get a T50Plus and swap it but those are hard to find in some areas. Here is a link you should look at for proper spacing when installing a converter. Vince

https://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic...l#post11454377
Old 04-19-2009, 07:34 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am assuming you mean t50plus as the torx bit used to change it i already have the bell off i just gotta find one now there are about 3 places that may have on laying around that are local 30 min 45 min and the other not so local but im 99% sure they would have one 3hr. again guys thanks for all the help. fromt he way it sounds im gonna have to rely on the meaurement to ensure it is in all the way. maybe i can get this thing together and back in the frame on monday.

Quick Reply: torque convertor problem