Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone ever use a B&M racing overhaul kit?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 07:52 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default anyone ever use a B&M racing overhaul kit?

im thinking about rebuilding a TH350 with one of these sets for my motor swap in my 94 camaro and also install a B&M Transpak shift kit with a derale deep pan and i was wondering if anyone has used them and what kinda horsepower they can handle? i only need it to handle like 350 all the time and an occasional 150-200 shot
Old 04-10-2009, 12:13 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Which one are you looking at? I wouldn't get a rebuild kit by B&M, it's all the same stuff you can get elsewhere cheaper. It just doesn't say B&M on it which is what you're paying for. A Transtec/Banner kit will be fine. You can get them without the frictions if you have certain ones you want to use (Bore Warner, Alto, Raybestos, etc). Any one of these will be fine behind 350hp. A HD sprag for the direct drum is a wise choice. With the money you save you can get the shift kit (B&M is fine but I prefer Transgo, TCI is good too) and some other goodies.
Depending on the condition of the trans, you also need to factor in bushings, bearings, pump, modulator, selective washers/plates, special tools required, etc. If the kit doesn't come with one I highly recommend you get a new snap ring for the output shaft. They should come with one though. Only had one kit that didn't.

Last edited by PedaltoMetal; 04-10-2009 at 12:27 AM.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:11 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the one im looking at comes with

* Alto Red clutches
* Kolene steels
* KEVLARŽ high performance band
* High performance transmission filter
* Full bushing kit
* Oil seals
* Gaskets
* Lip seals