Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yank converters, so many series, how to choose?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2003, 03:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NV i dont want to sound like a jerk, but how do you make it through an entire day by yourself? do you ask your mom what she thinks that you should eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner? then when she gives you an answer do you second guess it? every post you make is the same 5 questions worded a little bit differently. and you wonder why no one responds? buy a converter now! dont ask anymore, do you think that one of those converters is really THAT much different for you to cry about it? no. could it be too loose? no. why? because you are young and young people dont give a crap about drivability. get the SS4000 and call it a day.

BTW I enjoy helping you out, if you remember ive given you my opinion often. just its MY opinion, make a desicion for your self!!!
and yes I will still help you out when you need it

IM OUT!!!
Old 11-02-2003, 07:53 PM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Z-rated, you didnt sound like a jerk...wait, maybe you did a little, but why do you let my posts/threads get to you? It seems that everytime that you "try" and help out, you have to flame me too! I dont understand...if my posts/threads annoy you, then why even take the time to reply or read them for that matter! Im just trying to prevent myself from blowing a whole lot of money thats all. Im not rich ya know! I cant afford to make mistakes or go through performance parts if I dont like them. Im on a tight budget right now and I have to watch every penny I spend. Its like that because I have no job, but thats my own problem. Theres nothing wrong with asking questions and not being 100% sure with the first response/reply that I get. I cant make up my mind by myself because Ive never owned nor driven an automatic sports car with an aftermarket converter, so I have to base all my judgements off of others. There's nothing wrong with that either. Its called learning from others mistakes or experiences. Thats one of the things that LS1tech is for and Im sure lots of others do the same. This is a forum board...questions are allowed. I admit, I do ask a lot of questions, but I do it for my own benefit, (1. To educate myself. 2. So that I dont waste money. 3. So that I dont waste time/labor.) not to annoy people, **** anyone off, or waste my breathe. If you feel like my questions are repetitive, annoying, rediculous, etc. then ignore my posts/threads. If you have a personal problem with me or my posts/threads, then go through me about it instead of posting it in an act to make me look like a fool. Thats all you seem to do...not only with me, but with anyone. If someone asks a question thats been answered or asked already, or if the post/thread gets to you, you have to be a jerk about it and leave a rude response. Relax...dont let any of this get to you, this is a FORUM board, not a FLAMING board. I appreciate your help, but not the criticism/flaming.
Old 11-04-2003, 12:20 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey man
ask all the questions you want
reading **** like "just get what everyone else is getting, and then get more or less after that depending on what you want" resulted in me getting a 3400/2.0
if these **** dont like your redundant questions
LET THEM SKIP THIS THREAD
they arent forced to read your crap, you know
you shouldnt "hate to throw this in the air"
or be afraid to hesitate on making a very important purchase.

if i could do it all again,
i would get a SS4000E
or a SS3800 if i wasnt gonna spray
Old 11-04-2003, 01:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

To tell you the truth i was the same way you were about the converter worries. At some point in time just do as much research as you can and quit being a p**** about it and buy one. That's what i said to myself and i called to get my converter the next day. You have heard everyone's opinion and you should be able to decide what you want. In the end if that's not the converter you want you can put that up for sale and use that sale money on the new converter of your choice.

What i said might be a little harsh but you won't know or understand how well you will like the converter untill you yourself tries them out. You can listen to other people's opinion all day and still think about the same things over and over again. Give Yank a call and ask them about the new line of coverters or tell them what you want out of the car and they'll do what they can to help you.

My converter of choice was a MW 3400 2.0str. I know that i didn't want to get in the 4000 range just cuz of the fact that i don't take my car to the track often enough to justify getting a 4000 stall. This will also be my first experience with a stalled a4. No matter what converter you will choose it will put a smile on your face. Good Luck.

Dustin
Old 11-04-2003, 09:10 AM
TECH Veteran

Well I can't compare the PS to the SS becasue I don't know much about the SS series but here is some comparisons for the PS and PT converters.

PS series advantages: more streetable (tighter) than a PT converter and hits very hard off the line (I hope you have some good tires and a 12 bolt)
disadvantages: lower shift extension, and the PT has better top end than a PS

I didn't read the whole first page of this so maybe you already answered these questions but i am lazy and dont want to read all that. What is more important to you? Having a very streetable daily driver or kicking *** at the track? Are you trying to be better than the other guys and maybe show up to a few events hoping to have a chance at winning? For streetability and occasional track visits I would probably go with an SS just because that seems to be what it is best for. But if you want to jump off the line and beat that guy down the track often I would say a PT converter. I just dont think there is such a converter that is real tight for daily driving and is also the ultimate race converter, so you just have to pick. It's almost impossible to make the right decision the very first time. I have been through about 5 different converters in the past 2 years, that is just the way it is.