Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Redline ATF in a 4l60e?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2003 | 09:48 AM
TECH Regular

Default Redline ATF in a 4l60e?

Good idea? bad idea? -- I have previously been running Valvoline Max Life DexIII ATF

Tranny blew up again and looks like a new rebuild and possibly a new converter coming so now the time to change

Also what is a good way to flush a tranny cooler?
Old 11-22-2003 | 11:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CamaroSS_2002
Good idea? bad idea? -- I have previously been running Valvoline Max Life DexIII ATF

Tranny blew up again and looks like a new rebuild and possibly a new converter coming so now the time to change

Also what is a good way to flush a tranny cooler?
Very BAD idea. Use regular ATF and change frequently
Old 11-22-2003 | 11:53 PM
TECH Addict

I say contact Redline and ask them about their racing fluid.It should be near to what an F-Type is.My opinion is to stay away from the D4 it slips too much for performance use.

I have used their D4 ATF fluid in my GTP for over 2 years with no issues.I use the D4 because my girlfriend who drives the vehicle daily bitches something fierce if she doesn't get cadillac smooth shifts.Also, I am not drag racing the GTP on any kind of regular basis.

In my opinion the 4t65HD has more problems behind mildly modded SC3800 than the 4l60e does behind a mildly modded LS1.They are known to break often with very few mods.

Last edited by lerajie; 11-24-2003 at 12:11 AM. Reason: corrections

Quick Reply: Redline ATF in a 4l60e?