Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4L80 problems help please!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 06:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 4L80 problems help please!

hey guys i just put in a new 4L80E and converter in my 01 GMC truck about 8 months ago. The check engine light has been flashing about 8 times and going away quite often. and yesterday it started whinning. Then today when i was driving it the transmission would slip real bad. seemed like it would get worse the higher the tranny temp was. im HOPING the filter is clogged but wouldnt be logical because of how new it is. next bet is the converter? what you guys think?
Old 11-24-2009, 09:29 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by setxathlete14
hey guys i just put in a new 4L80E and converter in my 01 GMC truck about 8 months ago. The check engine light has been flashing about 8 times and going away quite often. and yesterday it started whinning. Then today when i was driving it the transmission would slip real bad. seemed like it would get worse the higher the tranny temp was. im HOPING the filter is clogged but wouldnt be logical because of how new it is. next bet is the converter? what you guys think?
It could be the bands are going out if this wasnt build right. If a shop put it together for you have them to look at it. The 4l80e will take about all you can put to it if build right. I have one in a 57 chev with a dart 540 c/u big block in front of it. Have not one moment of problem with it.
Old 11-25-2009, 08:31 PM
Teching In

everythings brand new fromm GM. fluid level was good and pink but smelt slightly burnt,
Old 11-25-2009, 10:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well I would have been reading those codes..Then you might have idea what happened or is happening. If its new isn't it on warranty?
Old 11-27-2009, 10:59 PM
Teching In

code wont read. it only flashes then cut off. im thinking it could be the TCM or converter.