Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Performabuilt

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 01:13 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Performabuilt

After 2 years and signing a waiver. My Perfomabuilt transmission failed big time.

My Level 2 was nothing more than a clutch change and a few holes opened up (HUGE) in the valve body. Nice silver paint job boys!!! HAH!!! It looks pretty. Anyone can do that ****.

I ate that tranny up in 350 miles (pump leak). At 450 miles the clutches were gone also. No 2-3 shift.

I went with an RPM Stage V tranny 11.38 to a 10.488 1/4 mile. Two years later...................And no problems. Thank the Lord, what a pain in the *** dealing with Performabuilt. Very happy with RPM.

All I have to say, is thanks to Performabuilt for the 1/2 back payment on my tranny. Frank is great!!!, but Performabuilt and your product suck major ***. Nice cheap *** product. If you call it a product. LMFAO!!! What a scam!!!

PS: Put some $$$$ in your tranny if you want overdrive!!!

All in all it sucks having all these tranny problems. But, since I went the RPM, SO FRICKEN HAPPY!!! Spend the couple of extra bucks people. There's no deal with Performa..............Frustration is worth $$$$.

I'll beat your sorry asses on the street. And..............I'm not done yet.

Frank, thank you sir. You are a man of your word!!!

Last edited by WHPLASH; 12-21-2009 at 08:29 PM.
Old 12-20-2009, 01:33 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by WHPLASH
After 2 years and signing a waiver. My Perfomabuilt transmission failed big time.

My Level 2 was nothing more than a clutch change and a few holes opened up (HUGE) in the valve body. Nice silver paint job boys!!! HAH!!! It looks pretty. Anyone can do that ****.

I ate that tranny up in 350 miles (pump leak). At 450 miles the clutches were gone also. No 2-3 shift.

I went with an RPM Stage V tranny 11.38 to a 10.488 1/4 mile. Two years later...................And no problems. Thank the Lord, what a pain in the *** dealing with Performabuilt. Very happy with RPM.

All I have to say, is thanks to Performabuilt for the 1/2 back payment on my tranny. Frank is great!!!, but Performabuilt and your product suck major ***. Nice cheap *** product. If you call it a product. LMFAO!!! What a scam!!!

PS: Put some $$$$ in your tranny if you want overdrive!!!

All in all it sucks having all these tranny problems. But, since I went the RPM, SO FRICKEN HAPPY!!! Spend the couple of extra bucks people. There's no deal with Performa..............Frustration is worth $$$$.

I'll beat your sorry asses on the street. And..............I'm not done yet.

Frank, thank you sir. You are a man of your word!!!

What! You didn't appreciate having to sign that piece of paper saying you wouldn't tell the world (LS1Tech included) how bad there transmissions are where not to spend your money?

Originally Posted by JeaneZ28
Why are you bitching about this 2 years later?
It's probably because of the fact in order to receive a refund from them you have to sign a paper saying you will keep you mouth shut about your experience with them and there transmission that didn't perform properly.
Old 12-20-2009, 01:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SmokedOutZ28

It's probably because of the fact in order to receive a refund from them you have to sign a paper saying you will keep you mouth shut about your experience with them and there transmission that didn't perform properly.
I see what he's talking about. Thats why I deleted my post. Which if thats true really pisses me off since I have one of their trans.
Old 12-20-2009, 03:09 AM
On The Tree

lol, i hear nothing but garbage about performabuilt
Old 12-20-2009, 06:39 AM
TECH Regular

Yeah I know a guy who went with their trans. Thing was never right from day one. They did the stupid waiver with him as well, just ridiculous. Then after literally 3 transmissions and the waiver, he went with FLT, not one problem since. When my trans broke I didn't even bother with the bullshit. I'm an M6 vs the friends 4L60e, but I just stepped right up with FLT's street/strip package, you can't beat their deals long term. I'm right down the way from them, I've stepped foot into their shop. Very nice, very clean and I saw all the parts laid out, I knew quality was going in, for crying out loud they have a dyno just for the transmissions. Telling you man, can't beat FLT, Chuck is a very easy going guy as well. Not trying to pitch an add for them by any means lol, just saying I love my trans and swear by them haha.

Last edited by Bones Z28; 12-20-2009 at 06:49 PM.
Old 12-20-2009, 08:19 AM
10 Second Club

Every transmission company on here has failures even FLT and RPM, nothing is bullet proof. I have a Level 2 performabuilt for over 2-years and make over 600hp on spray and run in the 10's.
Old 12-20-2009, 10:41 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Like BJ said, im sure every company has had failures. Build quality aside, even the best, strongest PARTS themselves can and have failed. When we bought our loaded(Cryo'd. micropolished, Viper Spec) Level V T56 from RPM Transmissions a few years ago, there was even a problem with it!! They were INCREDIBLE, and very FAST to take care of the issue, even though it was small, but there was a problem. Nearly 4 years later, its still an incredible trans!!

Ive been daily driving my Performabuilt Level 2 for 8 months now in my 400rwhp car (cam, full bolt ons, 4k stall, 3.73s), and im in NO WAY gentle on this thing.. I let it get up to operating temp, then i beat it like it owes me money.. I havent had 1 single hiccup with it AT ALL. I do have a 150 shot on the car, but ive been rewiring/redoing the whole setup so i havent sprayed on this trans, but i wont hesitate once the kit is setup again.. Im actually worried more about the engine, than i am the trans.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:11 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 79 Likes on 56 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

I am not sure what the agenda is here, This was a unit from 2006 he did have issues i cannot explain, We did refund his money and give him a trans at the time. I am not sure what else we could have done or could do. We have 1000s of units out there today running in the 9s-10s-11s in cars and trucks. This was in 2006 before we had a dyno and in the early days of getting things going. while IMO we had a good product then which there are many out there from then still going we have and even better and more intensley tested one now.
As mention sometimes things go wrong and thats for any builder as i have see them from everyone over the years.
Back then after doing all we could to help him out resolve issues it was decided to send him both a trans and a refund which we did and I would have thought this a long ago closed matter. I am confused as to the agenda of a post like this one and even from so long ago. But as they say it is what it is. I cant go back to 2006.
Frank at PerformaBuilt

Call 888-744-6542

Old 12-20-2009, 11:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BJSS25
Every transmission company on here has failures even FLT and RPM, nothing is bullet proof. I have a Level 2 performabuilt for over 2-years and make over 600hp on spray and run in the 10's.
yep. its in the nature of what we are doing. over the years ive seen ALL transmission builders have some go down, and the trend will continue that way because theres no such thing as a bullet proof transmission

Originally Posted by NVR_SPDS
Like BJ said, im sure every company has had failures. Build quality aside, even the best, strongest PARTS themselves can and have failed. When we bought our loaded(Cryo'd. micropolished, Viper Spec) Level V T56 from RPM Transmissions a few years ago, there was even a problem with it!! They were INCREDIBLE, and very FAST to take care of the issue, even though it was small, but there was a problem. Nearly 4 years later, its still an incredible trans!!

Ive been daily driving my Performabuilt Level 2 for 8 months now in my 400rwhp car (cam, full bolt ons, 4k stall, 3.73s), and im in NO WAY gentle on this thing.. I let it get up to operating temp, then i beat it like it owes me money.. I havent had 1 single hiccup with it AT ALL. I do have a 150 shot on the car, but ive been rewiring/redoing the whole setup so i havent sprayed on this trans, but i wont hesitate once the kit is setup again.. Im actually worried more about the engine, than i am the trans.
same story with my performabuilt. 450 HP n/a on drag radials and slicks 100% of its driving time. eats my 150 shot and bangs gears without any sign of weakness. im sitting over 4500 LBS of weight cutting 1.67 60' times just to add to the stress factor.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:32 AM
9 Second Club

I have had two performaBuilt trannys one is a 4L60E that has plenty of passes on it from 3 years ago and we are still running the car today with the same tranny and it hasnt been touched at all. I also run the t400 that im running in my slver ta as you see in the sig. Thanks for an outstanding product FRANK. I run 9s in the ta and run 10.00 in the red camaro we have and have never had a problem with any of the PerformaBuilt line.
Running a stock 6.0 in the camaro with cam and 200 shot. And in the ta running a 370 250 shot.
I think its a little childish to get on here and start slamming vendors on this site. Esp 2 years ago. Sounds like Frank treated you with great customer service. Every vendor on here has trannys that may go wrong. I had a buddy that went thru two FLT trannys in his ta hell one broked on the dyno and another buddy in a procharged suv that it went out twice. But FLT took car of them. We could sit here and bash all day long what matters is they stood behind it. Good luck.
Frank here is some pics from lsx

Last edited by dnkynrbk; 12-20-2009 at 11:41 AM.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:35 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL. oh boy..........
Old 12-20-2009, 12:56 PM
11 Second Club

what more do you want dude ? he refunded your money and gave you a trans. accidents happen to everyone. I would say that is excellent customer service right there. you had a problem and frank fixed it for you. I have a lvl 2 trans from them for about two years now and probably close to 10k miles on it. 4k stall, 3.73's, 100shot daily driven car. Not ONE issue what so ever. pretty dumb for you to come on here trashing on the company like that. you are the FIRST complaint ive heard about performabuilt. what if your flt trans fails here in the next couple years, are you going to come on here with your negative attitude after you have just posted how great they are? **** happens. problem was solved and it still wasnt good enough for you. dammit i ran over a nail. mickey thompson better give me a new tire or they are going to get an ear full !! seriously dude, grow up.
Old 12-20-2009, 02:14 PM

Exclamation performabuilt rocks

sounds like you have someone else paying you to slam frank and performabuilt i build transmissions and i got a level 2 from them and it runs exellent i pulled it down when i got it to see what it looked like in side miled but very nice up grades all i can say is if they gave you a trans and gave you your money back too i think your being a big babby go some wher else to cry
Old 12-20-2009, 03:17 PM
9 Second Club

I totally agree. Im happy with mine. And have race proven vids and pics.
Old 12-20-2009, 05:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

RPM Stage V tranny convertedM6 to A4 back in june of 09 and It has been back to them twice. It is now leaking again(3rd time). So as the rest of the folks have said, everyone has there problems now an then. Peformabuilt is on the boards always helping folks out even if they didn't buy the tranny from them. *I am not bashing RPM* Just making a simple statment. Thanks
Old 12-21-2009, 07:31 AM
TECH Regular

This thread makes my eyes bleed. I've been rocking my Performabuilt Level 2 tranny in my GTO for a year. I have countless 1/4 passes, street passes and dyno pulls on mine making 500/500 NA. Thing has been clicking off 10.8s like it's candy in a heavy GTO pulling 1.50 60 foots.

I just installed a 150 shot last weekend and the car made 678/763. I took it to the track and even with the car breaking up on a melted plug the car still pulled a 10.25. Looked at the logs and car has no signs of slippage on the tranny. It even held the power in overdrive at the end of the track.

Frank is an awesome guy and always tries to make sure the customer is happy. If he took care of you by giving you a refund or a new tranny I don't see what the complaint is. Not to mention being childish for bringing up something that was 2 years old.

In addition, if the pump failed it's very possible the converter was installed incorrectly. If it's so easy to build a built tranny why don't you build your own?
Old 12-21-2009, 08:21 AM
9 Second Club

AHHHHH hahahaha at this LAME attempt at slamming Performabuilt. My level 3 4L60E from Performabuilt is still getting it done after almost 3 years. Going 9.8's@135 now (2nd fastest stock cubed car on this forum only to the Texas Speed car)and not so much as a hint of trouble. Probably 2 dozen 1.30 - 1.33 60 foots (check the sig picture) no issue. While I can tell you of my personal story with NO issue I will tell you about a good friend of mine's 200R he got from Performabuilt.

He unfortunatley had some issues with his. Let me say that Frank stepped up and backed up his product as well as any consumer out there could ever possibly expect from a company. That trans was repaired and is operating with perfection currently. The reason I even tell this is as stated above failures can and will happen they are unavoidable. In this case that I myself witnessed Performabuilt was as good as it gets in making things right and have another happy customer. For someone to come on and post a 2 year old issue in wich he was refunded is pretty much lame and without question has a hidden agenda of some sort.

As for the comment by the OP about beating asses in the street too bad your in Michigan i'd love for you to try me out on blacktop it would be ugly.
Old 12-21-2009, 10:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

So you took the money, waited the 2 yrs. of stature then posted a negative post. I looked at this post because i have a LVL 2 PB and was curious. After reading the post, i remain comfortable and confident with my purchase. I don't want to get into bashing....so i will just state i am very happy with my Performabuilt to anyone who has one or is considering purchasing one.
Old 12-21-2009, 10:32 AM
On The Tree

What a stupid post. Knocking on a sponser and they even refunded your money. I don't even have a Performabuilt tranny and think this is wrong for you to do this. You should spend your time in a more positive manner. Oh and btw I need a tranny built and would go with Performabuilt in a second. Off Rant
Old 12-21-2009, 08:43 PM
10 Second Club

If I would of gotten a FULL refund (not half) and they stood behind their product, there would be no post. And fixing the leaking pump came out of my pocket on top of that. I think Frank did what he did and that was that.

I've had 3 members PM me that they have signed waivers too, so I'm not alone.

I'm truly happy that you're all having good luck with this companies product. Hopefully, they got some of there bugs out by now.

There's nothing more frustrating than having your car down for a couple months in the summer, when you only get so little in Michigan. It took a good couple of months with no answers from Performabuilt and my car sitting around doing nothing. Frustrating.........YES. You would too. The rest of the money came out of my pocket afterwards, when I would expect it to be taken care of right in the first place and second place.

Quick Reply: Performabuilt