Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4L60E Question..is it slipping?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 08:14 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 4L60E Question..is it slipping?

Hey guys, quick question on the 4l60E that is in my 2003 Chevy Suburban. I noticed that when I first start up the car and start driving my first gear seems to be getting stuck. It will rev, hesitate a little, then jump pretty violently into second gear. It will do this for the first few minutes of driving and then it will pretty much stop once the car is warm (ocassionally does it afterwards but very infrequently once it is warm). Also, if I accelerate very slowly from a stop once warm it will sometimes do it but if I accelerate more aggressively it wont do it at all and the trans will shift smoothly. I took it to a local transmission shop that has done rebuilds for me in the past and are very reliable/knowledgable and they check it over, took it for a ride, and did a transmission fluid change for me and they said they felt how it was shifting in first gear but that they didnt see anything wrong at all and it was the nature of the transmission. I have no SES light or codes being thrown and the tranny shifts perfectly minus first gear so should I be worried and is there anything else that could be causing this? I can live with it if it is the nature of the transmission, its just VERY annoying. Any info/help is greatly appreciated!

Adam
Old 12-30-2009, 07:48 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TTT, anyone? Just seeing if I should save the money I was going to invest in wheels and maybe a small cam and headers for the tranny. Any input is greatly appreciated!